How do I find Deaf people in my area?

alwaysandalways

Reaction score
I live in a small town in Wisconsin. I would love to meet some Deaf or Hard of Hearing in my area but don't know the first step in doing that. I am hearing but love practicing and working on my ASL. Any hints?

Dogmom and her husband are there. He's deaf and she's hoh. You have to like Rottweilers before you approach her though. :P

There is a huge deaf picnic going on in Wisconsin on August 20th. According to Facebook event invites...it says over 600 are attending. Maybe it's your chance to go there.

There is a huge deaf picnic going on in Wisconsin on August 20th. According to Facebook event invites...it says over 600 are attending. Maybe it's your chance to go there.

Wow I think I would be so overwellmed My sign is not that good. I would feel so bad I couldn't understand or they might be confused by me :ty: though

Wow I think I would be so overwellmed My sign is not that good. I would feel so bad I couldn't understand or they might be confused by me :ty: though

I'm sure there are some hearing people learning to sign joining that event as well. It's up to you. :)

yep, sequoias.... alwaysandalways - 4 Deaf Clubs picnic in Darien near madison mid-August: Deaf Picnic - Photos

Botti is also right - am in Southeastern part of state.

The Fox Valley and Central WI Deaf clubs seem to be pretty active here-

Wirelessly posted

Wish I knew. It's not even that I want to meet them in my area. Just deaf or hoh around my age to talk to period.

Wow...largest deaf picnic in the Midwest, no wonder why lot of people attend. They sure got lot of cool prizes as well.

yep, sequoias.... alwaysandalways - 4 Deaf Clubs picnic in Darien near madison mid-August: Deaf Picnic - Photos

Botti is also right - am in Southeastern part of state.

The Fox Valley and Central WI Deaf clubs seem to be pretty active here-

Dogmom would you mind if I private message you? I tried before and usually I ask for. It is just nice to meet someone in Wisconsin:)

Back