How did yer parent react.....

My dad did the "I'm a lumberjack" song from Monty Python ....

So do you sleep all night, and work all day, and like to press wild flowers?
(And put on women's clothing, and hang around in bars?) ;)

I told my mom when I was 19. Both parents were classical musicians and had gay friends so I was pretty sure I wasn't going to get kicked out of the house, but it was still very scary. She said, "It had occurred to me that you might be." (Because I never went to any school dances with any girls.)

She told me it made no difference in how she loved me. She asked me if there was anyone in my life; there wasn't just then. She asked how long I'd know. I said, "Since I was about 13." Her answer: "I'm so sorry you thought you had to hide it for so long." It's still the only thing that bothers her...

Then she said, "You know, I sometimes wonder about your dad...." And I said, "Um...mom? Can I be out for a full 15 minutes before we start dragging dad out of the closet too?" ;)

Actually the circumstantial evidence for my dad was pretty strong, but I'll never know for sure.

Wow my thread is very old and brought it back here! lol.. And very interesting to hear your different stories.. Thanks for share!

If you arent gay/bi/lesbian... get out of the LGBT forum... DUH! Anyway, my parents were shocked. Went through the usual stages, but now they are alright with it. Dad is having more of a tough time with it, but Mom is perfectly fine. Im out to my parents, and close friends. Extended family doesnt know..

If you arent gay/bi/lesbian... get out of the LGBT forum... DUH! Anyway, my parents were shocked. Went through the usual stages, but now they are alright with it. Dad is having more of a tough time with it, but Mom is perfectly fine. Im out to my parents, and close friends. Extended family doesnt know..

Dude, don't get your panties in a wad. All are welcome in the discussions here as long as there is respect from everyone.

Well, first off my 1st stepdad was gay so I grew up not seeing anything wrong with same sex couples.

When I was 11 I moved in with my mom, My mom never knew anything about my first girlfriend, but my second one she opened the door found me shirtless with my arm wrapped around the girl in my sleep. I woke up with my mom tossing me a shirt saying "we need to talk"

At that time I was sure I was a lesbian

Then we moved, and I started having more guy friends, experimented and dated some.

I knew then I was bi.

I told my mom and she was in denial about it at first. Saying I'm just going through a phase, but eventually she said she didn't care if I slept with purple penguins. My latest stepdad was like "I know" he took it better than my mom did lol. Then we started talking about women, it was awesome :)

Well i aint gay or lesbian but i know few of my relatives is either gay or lesbian but they didnt know that i knew beforehand. I accept them but i dont support the idea of it... I am christian girl. i was raise in the church so i am pretty much against of this very idea but i am accept them though. :wave:

I haven't come out to my folks but I think my baby sister knows. My aunt and grandmother knows and they have accepted me for who I am. I cannot come out to my folks because they are ultra religious and I don't need to hear their anti-gay bullshit.

Back