How are you feeling today? Part II

Feeling bad for my MIL, who is spending the wkend with us.. Last night, she tripped and fell over nothing into our 5gal Red Wing Jug. Wife took her to the ER for xrays on her shoulder and knee. All is good. Also ended up with a small knot on her head and a bruise on her arm. The jug is a-okay though.

Hubby and I did it alone. We've taken it out twice now. The second time went much smoother than the first. It's a lot less complicated that I thought it'd be. Just have to make sure the boat is unstrapped from the trailer first (the mistake we made the first time LOL) and then I pull it out into the water. Piece of cake. It's a little tougher to get it back ON the trailer at the end of the day, to make sure the boat is lined up with the trailer. Once we see it is, then we strap it on and home it goes.

With our boat you have to remember to put the plug in or the boat can sink. There is so much to remember when boating. Pulling up the outdrive is a big one for our type of boat, I forgot once but we caught it before it did too much damage.

With our boat you have to remember to put the plug in or the boat can sink. There is so much to remember when boating. Pulling up the outdrive is a big one for our type of boat, I forgot once but we caught it before it did too much damage.
My dad had a boat when I was growing up. Loved going out on it (small cabin cruiser). But I knew there was no way I would want one when I was an adult because I knew it was a lot of work -- and I'm lazy. :)

My dad had a boat when I was growing up. Loved going out on it (small cabin cruiser). But I knew there was no way I would want one when I was an adult because I knew it was a lot of work -- and I'm lazy. :)

Boats are a lot of work but it is definitely one of our favorite things to do. We are so busy getting our house ready for company, missing out on some great boating days. Wish I was out on the water today. Our lakes will be too low to go boating very soon.

You guys and your boats are bringing back memories from a long time ago for me.

In the 1950's a family friend decided that I should join the group of friends that were water skiing on Lake Centralia in Southern Illinois. I did get to the point of being able to get up but found swimming off the dock more fun than skiing! About the time I was really getting the hang of it the guy that had the boat and clubhouse got tired of how much driving the boat was cutting into his fishing time and sold the ski boat.

Then in 1976 when visiting cousins in California I got to go out with them on their sail boat. I am not sure of the size anymore without looking it up but do remember it was the largest they could put on a trailer. My memory has the marina they kept it at as at Oxnard and one of the places they would go were the Channel Islands. The time I got to go with them we did not go that far — but just a bit out on the ocean.

Of course, the fresh memories are of all the times I have been on one of the pontoon boats at DuBois Center (a camp & conference center that is part of the Illinois South Conference of the United Church of Christ). And I will be doing that again.

Feeling tentatively optimistic the summer slump is almost over and after school starts my spa will get busier again.

This whole week was slightly busier and today was a very good day. I was booked for five hours....cha Ching. I need more cha chinging haha

In a few months I will be busier... last year, I worked 21 straight nights without a night off. Let's see how peak goes this year.

Feeling bad for my MIL, who is spending the wkend with us.. Last night, she tripped and fell over nothing into our 5gal Red Wing Jug. Wife took her to the ER for xrays on her shoulder and knee. All is good. Also ended up with a small knot on her head and a bruise on her arm. The jug is a-okay though.
I hope your MIL will be ok . Sorry to hear about her injuries .

I am feeling a bit tired after, starting work again with early morning wake ups ( not used to) and traffic.

I am feeling a bit tired after, starting work again with early morning wake ups ( not used to) and traffic.

Have you tried flying like Superman to work? I tried, but it didn't work for me. I'm sharing this suggestion in the hopes it will work for someone else. :P ;)

Have you tried flying like Superman to work? I tried, but it didn't work for me. I'm sharing this suggestion in the hopes it will work for someone else. :P ;)
Hahaha if that happens the strobe light will be behind me LOL get fined!

My dad would say he needed his car hopper when stuck in traffic . I never could find that car hopper !

Feeling tentatively optimistic the summer slump is almost over and after school starts my spa will get busier again.

This whole week was slightly busier and today was a very good day. I was booked for five hours....cha Ching. I need more cha chinging haha

What area of town is your spa in? I could recommend it to some folks.

What area of town is your spa in? I could recommend it to some folks.

It's in Southlake. If you have friends around there that'd be AWESOME!!! It's far north Fort Worth, hmmm probably closer to Dallas than Fort Worth now that I'm thinking about it. If you know anyone in that area inbox me, I'll tell you the name of it :)

Last edited:
Back