How are you feeling today? Part II

congrats, Calvin!

Congrats Calvin!

I am feeling very very very very well rested since today is the 7th day of being snowed in. lol

Mod note:

Suicidal posts/threads has been removed. We should PM this person and encourage him/her to seek help.

Thanks.

20 years at UPS sounds like quite an accomplishment, congratulations Calvin! xx :hug:

Feeling accomplished tonight... there was an anniversary celebration at work... Next week marks 20 years at UPS. Cakes passed around for everyone at work and the boss gave lectures and gave me a placard. :)

Not too good right now. This very minute I'm getting another "spell." I feel faint, very nauseated, sweaty.

Not too good right now. This very minute I'm getting another "spell." I feel faint, very nauseated, sweaty.

Step away from the keyboard, right this minute. :lol:
Seriously, hope the feelings pass quickly.

:( I hope this will pass very fast . Do you know why this is happening to you?
It's a sudden drop in blood pressure. Best guess is it's another Parkinson's effect.

Seems to be happening more frequently. :(

It's a sudden drop in blood pressure. Best guess is it's another Parkinson's effect.

Seems to be happening more frequently. :(

I looked this up and saw that it's from PD . :( I hate diseases !
Do you use a walker that has build in seat if not it might a good idea to have. You'll able to sit down right away if you're too far from a chair or couch. :hug:

Do you use a walker that has build in seat if not it might a good idea to have. You'll able to sit down right away if you're too far from a chair or couch. :hug:

As a side note there have been several at the church I go to that have used the ones with a seat and turned the seat into another set of hands when doing things like going through a buffet line (put their tray on the seat).

No, I don't use a walker. I just sit down on a chair or couch, if I'm not already sitting.

A bit relieved.

Just got back from the vet. Our dog was coughing, gasping for air. The vet thinks our dog picked up kennel cough. We did have a puppy at our house just a couple days ago that our dog might've picked this up from. She sounds terrible. And our other dog started showing the same symptoms. It is very contagious. It's similar to the human cold. Just have to ride it out. I've never had a dog with this before so this is new to me.

It's scary to see something new like that in your dog! Kennel cough really is very much like a cold in a person. I know there's a vaccine for it but I will not use it. What I do is boost my dog's immune system to try and help them be less affected by anything contagious <or any parasite> they might encounter. At the shelter where I volunteer I routinely work with kennel cough dogs but is true that we haven't a dog with it, in our house.

Writing from personal experience explaining just what I do, not giving medical advice - I do a lot of garlic to help boost my dog's immune systems - especially before and after medical procedures, or if I find out that they were exposed to something <like the dog flu> after the fact <I did not vaccinate for dog flu either, although my youngest dog did go to classes in an area with confirmed cases...that would be a good example of adding in immune boosting things like garlic>. I also do a lot of garlic in the Summer as I use no chemical flea or tick protection at all and we live in a rural/wooded area.

I use whole, raw organic garlic <no, it's not toxic in -CONTROLLED - doses appropriate for the size of your dog>. My girls are 65 and 75 pounds or so, and when I use the garlic I can do -up to - two <2> individual cloves per day, per dog. NOT a whole head of garlic, though it would take more than that amount to present toxicity in dogs the size of mine.
Also, my dogs are used to garlic; I would build up the amount specified with a novice <"un-garlicked"> dog in my home. I generally give them the garlic sections up to 4 times a week and then give them a break.

I cut up the one or two <1 or 2 individual> cloves or sections into fine little bits and dump on my dogs food.

I also have an immune-boosting mushroom complex that I originally got specifically because my big girl had Rabies-vaccine induced cancer; I still use it because additionally now we have the knee-injured dog with plate and other parts in her leg, and bone cancer is a problem in the breed, with the plates adding a slight concern into that mix.

I also have an herbal tincture that has immune-related herbs in it like echinacea. It's a liquid mixture formulated specifically for animals by a master herbalist.

Much of the immune system in people and other animals is in the gut. That consists of the "good bacteria". If that's out of balance that can lead to a host of other problems over time. So I also do probiotics for myself and for my dogs <though different types>. In both cases I use non-dairy probiotics as I can't have dairy and dogs generally shouldn't have dairy either.

You may see something about probiotics sprayed on dry food. That is useless. There's so little in there to begin with, and then by the time the bag is opened by the purchaser, more organisms will have died, and as it sits and gets re-exposed to light, heat, air etc, the probiotics that may be alive continue to degrade.

There are also specific essential oils you can diffuse to help your dog cope with the symptoms of respiratory issues. If you ever consider that, be mindful of quality and research the oils you have in mind.

A bit relieved.

Just got back from the vet. Our dog was coughing, gasping for air. The vet thinks our dog picked up kennel cough. We did have a puppy at our house just a couple days ago that our dog might've picked this up from. She sounds terrible. And our other dog started showing the same symptoms. It is very contagious. It's similar to the human cold. Just have to ride it out. I've never had a dog with this before so this is new to me.

Hope your dog has a quick recovery.

No, I don't use a walker. I just sit down on a chair or couch, if I'm not already sitting.

I was thinking about if you were not home. I guess I still think like a health aide , if I see an elderly person in a grocery store I will ask if they need help reaching something. I like helping people .

Feeling accomplished tonight... there was an anniversary celebration at work... Next week marks 20 years at UPS. Cakes passed around for everyone at work and the boss gave lectures and gave me a placard. :)

Congratulation on 20th years anniversary and that's really long time. :D

Back