How are people dealing with the Heat WAVE!??

Heat index 119 and I live in the city. My windows are the kind with argon gas inside to keep heat and cold out. Window frames are very sealed, not even one oxygen molecule can go through it. My doors are very, very sealed too. I don't live in a house built in 1900s. My basement, roof, and every single walls are insulated and wasn't a hack job like 80% of buildings out there. I would know, I worked for an insulation company for 10 years and did the insulation to this house myself.:wave:

Living large! :cool2:

You said in another thread that you lived on an orchard and had a master's in English. Dude, you need to learn to keep track of your lies. Heat getting to you?

Ottawa is under heat advisory and it will continue for several days. Tomorrow is going to the worst one with 46C/115F in heat index. :eek3:

I feel blessed to have a 8,000 BTU air conditioner that keeps my apartment freezing cold! :cold:

It could get up to 100 in parts of Massachusetts in the next 2 days! I have never seen it that hot here before!

just got back from dog class and had a nice time, brought extra water for her.
My classmate was telling us they have no central air, but one window air conditioner that's not working well. They also have a motor home so last night they took their dogs and slept in the mobile home!

right now it's cooler temperature-wise, in the high 80's with heat index about 100, excessive heat warning.

I saw some jerk running with his small dog yesterday and the guy had no water for his poor little dog! I wanted to stop and give the dog some of Marty's water! I take a small cooler and a bottle of water for Marty and me. The meds Marty taking made the poor thing really thirsty! I hope people do not leave their dogs in the cars in my city I see too many people leaving their dog in a hot when I go shopping! I had someone call the cop for me once!

Not here in Florida. The heat will be here until September or October.

It can stay hot here till September here. And August is a very hot month! I just hope no one has a power outages from the huge demand of electricity!

I'm thinking whatever happened to the Great White North? News has it that tomorrow's humidex will be 43 degrees Celsius...egads.

Heat index 119 and I live in the city. My windows are the kind with argon gas inside to keep heat and cold out. Window frames are very sealed, not even one oxygen molecule can go through it. My doors are very, very sealed too. I don't live in a house built in 1900s. My basement, roof, and every single walls are insulated and wasn't a hack job like 80% of buildings out there. I would know, I worked for an insulation company for 10 years and did the insulation to this house myself.:wave:

Living large! :cool2:
How are your trees doing in the heat?

I just when outside and is has cool down ! Marty wanted to play but it too late and dark! It does help having the ocean near by! I wish I could sleep outside as it cooler than in my house. I turned my A/C to try and $ave some money, I have a fan on instead.

We have actual temps of around 107 with heat indexes at 115 and higher. I don't have a choice about when I work, so I'm out in the thick of it on the farm. It's hot, miserable, and yes I nearly hit the floor one day already because I got too hot. Ever since I have been drinking Sprite and Gatorade during the day trying to stay away from caffeine which can actually dehydrate the body on hot days. I have been wearing Under Armor coolmax shirts which help to an extent. I'm looking forward to fall and winter. At least I can add layers to warm up and/or move faster. In the heat if I move faster - I only move faster towards total collapse.

Just looked up the weather report for my area. Temp will be 97 tomorrow! :shock:

many million elder people cant get outside due hit over 80's to 100's between i think elder people need stay home cool off than dead..If got cool off they can get out down tempertures..

its 71 with a/c on in my place and outside was 100 man i sure did felt that and it supposed to be hotter tomorrow

Back