How are people dealing with the Heat WAVE!??

I usually open my windows during night time and I have to get up to open my windows before afternoon. It is only one way to keep my house cooler. At the least, it is a worthy try...

Now, we are under an excessive heat warning. Will be 115 degrees today.

Make up your mind....:P
Today's heat index is 104. Tomorrow is worse with a heat index of 106. :P

What does making up my mind have to do with the reported heat index by weather bug? I'm just telling everyone what's the likely heat index is for my area for today and tomorrow according to Weather Bug.

Today's heat index is 104. Tomorrow is worse with a heat index of 106. :P

What does making up my mind have to do with the reported heat index by weather bug? I'm just telling everyone what's the likely heat index is for my area for today and tomorrow according to Weather Bug.

Ah yes, Weatherbug. I think we are expecting 110 heat index today. Glad I am not a roofer.

Here is something I found yesterday:

Attachments

• hot%2520weather-thumb.jpg
    hot%2520weather-thumb.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 7
You said in another thread that you lived on an orchard and had a master's in English. Dude, you need to learn to keep track of your lies. Heat getting to you?
I never said I live on an orchard? I said I own an orchard which is 30 minutes away from me. I live in a city due to stores, activities, etc. It's very common for land owners to not live on the land itself. You really need to think better.:roll:

Get off my nuts.

Actual temp is expected to be over 100 today, with heat index up in the teens. I rescheduled all of my appts today for evening hours so no one would have to get out in this heat in mid-day. Many use public transportation and would have to stand at a bus stop, and others are taking meds that interact negatively with the heat.

Actual temp is expected to be over 100 today, with heat index up in the teens. I rescheduled all of my appts today for evening hours so no one would have to get out in this heat in mid-day. Many use public transportation and would have to stand at a bus stop, and others are taking meds that interact negatively with the heat.

Im glad you changed stuff. I would hate to see people suffer.

Im glad you changed stuff. I would hate to see people suffer.

Yeah, I just couldn't ask people to get out in the heat like that, but they need to keep their regular appts at the same time. No skin off my nose to be flexible for them.

The intense heat wave is over, whew! We have thunderstorms passing thru this morning and it's currently 68 right now altho I rather have lows in the 50's. Like where I grew up in Santa Rosa, California....The high yesterday was 94 degrees but went down to 55 degrees this morning.

Back