House Of Cards

xunixan

Reaction score
Anyone watching Netflix's new TV show House Of Cards? I'm hooked! I enjoy Kevin Spacey's work, and it's great seeing him in a TV series. The show is really well done, with a great script that reminds me of The West Wing.

I've already went through the first 6 eps :roll:

If you like political thrillers def check this one out

Anyone watching Netflix's new TV show House Of Cards? I'm hooked! I enjoy Kevin Spacey's work, and it's great seeing him in a TV series. The show is really well done, with a great script that reminds me of The West Wing.

I've already went through the first 6 eps :roll:

If you like political thrillers def check this one out

I've seen some episodes of old BBC ones, seem pretty decent.

So this show is on Netflix only??? Netflix service is slowly spreading, but Netflix blocks us in CR to the access for some reason.

Yeah, it's Netflix only, guess US Netflix only for now. You can get full access to netflix from CR by changing your DNS servers, it will make it appear as if you're coming from the US. (services like unblock-us.com or dns.zenok.com/secure/ offer this). ;)

I've never seen the UK series, I'll have to check it out after to compare.

I'm a tad reluctant to watch anything with Kevin Spacey, it seems like the only type of character he ever plays is the guy with anger issues. He's always yelling...I remember him from Wiseguy and he pretty much yelled his way through that role and many others since.....

Laura

I'm a tad reluctant to watch anything with Kevin Spacey, it seems like the only type of character he ever plays is the guy with anger issues. He's always yelling...I remember him from Wiseguy and he pretty much yelled his way through that role and many others since.....

Laura

:hmm:

I've never noticed that

I'm only on episode 4, but I'm really into it so far. I like it much more than that The Americans show on FX (?).

The whole thing with Kevin Spacey talking directly to the camera is kind of weird. Not sure I like that. It feels forced or something.

I didn't get the thing with his wife running through the cemetery, but maybe it comes up again and means something more in later episodes.

Laura

I guess you didn't watch lot of movies with Kevin Spacey... He didn't act like that in American Beauty, The Usual Suspects, Se7en, and few more. I think he's best character with I-don't-give-a-[beep] attitude than angry issue.

When I clicked on this thread, I thought it would be about the movie, House of cards, which it isn't. It's abotu a show, which I have never seen. http://www.alldeaf.com/images/smilies/ty.gif
The movie is about a mom who's husband dies and she has two kids, one boy one girl. the girl stops speaking afterwards and its their journey of healing as a family. it's really good. I d think it's on Netflix though. but check it out on amazon or youtube or watch for it on t.v. (i dont have live t.v so i dont know if it is on there)
anyway, hello all and have a fabu day! :)
:wave:

Back