House Lecturer Reveals Groundbreaking Advances in Technology

Exactly. Which is why I stated that Dr. Glascock's impression of her ability to teach has virtually nothing to do with the topic of the thread.
But perhaps it wasn't as random as it would first appear. Odd that 2 posters of the oral school suddenly show up after extended absence to post in this thread, and this thread only.

Whatever their intentions were, such behaviours would have them suspended for the rest of the semester from a seminar.

And yes, it happened to a student I know of... he started attacking the reputation of the presenter based on his personal experience. The supervisor suspended him for the rest of the semester (which caused the guy to get a 'Failure to Complete" since 50% of the mark was based on a thesis paper.) The supervisor suspended the student because their (the student's and the presenter's) personal relationship between the two of them had nothing to do with the debate in the seminair.

Yes, he was. He encouraged me always to use ASL with my son, and that was at a time when the speech and hearing center associated with Vanderbilt operated from a very oral philosophy.

Good for him! That's a rarity in the medical community.

I thought this is about stem-cells.... not whether one or not can teach?

That comment about Glasscock was completely random and popped out of nowhere for seemingly no reason except to plug in dissent about the person.

I CAN TEACH!!!

Just kidding! :giggle:

Point out where I contradicted him. I may be able to back up my comments with links/sources by other experts who would agree with me.

Several places in post #4. If you can support your comments with additional research, please do so.

WHy do I feel they stopped doing research for new devices?

What devices?

There are always new medical devices coming out. Researchers invest into devices that a large percentage of the population is willing to pay for.

Like FF said, it is all about the money.

Back