Hoping someone will see this and find interest

MarkFromNJ

Reaction score
Ok so I am going to write this as best as I can. My name is Mark I am 25 soon to be 26 from New Jersey. I am a hearing male with a hard of hearing sister. I am single. I am just trying to meet someone nice who can accept me but I have not been able to find anyone. I have my good qualities and bad qualities I suppose. My good qualities are I am very loving and accepting. I don't lie or cheat and I like to spoil the person I am with. My bad qualities are sometimes I can be a perv. I get depressed very easily. Also I have low self esteem. I am looking for a woman any age over 18 who can accept me for me. I hope someone will read this and maybe give me a chance.

Ok so I am going to write this as best as I can. My name is Mark I am 25 soon to be 26 from New Jersey. I am a hearing male with a hard of hearing sister. I am single. I am just trying to meet someone nice who can accept me but I have not been able to find anyone. I have my good qualities and bad qualities I suppose. My good qualities are I am very loving and accepting. I don't lie or cheat and I like to spoil the person I am with. My bad qualities are sometimes I can be a perv. I get depressed very easily. Also I have low self esteem. I am looking for a woman any age over 18 who can accept me for me. I hope someone will read this and maybe give me a chance.

You would have much better luck meeting someone in real life, rather than posting it here.

Get involved with some local groups that are of interest to you. Maybe you'll meet a nice girl with similar interests....

There is nothing as in groups anywhere near me that share the same interest as me. I have tried going to social events and other things as well but it doesn't ever work that is why I am posting this on here

There is nothing as in groups anywhere near me that share the same interest as me. I have tried going to social events and other things as well but it doesn't ever work that is why I am posting this on here

I highly doubt that there are absolutely no groups in NJ that are of interest to you. Don't feel sorry for yourself. Learn to embrace who you are, and be content with yourself. We are all unique, and there is someone out there for everyone.

We don't meet that person until we are meant to meet them.

Beyond that, a person can't ever truly love someone else until they learn to love themselves.

Just some food for thought... :dunno:

I highly doubt that there are absolutely no groups in NJ that are of interest to you. Don't feel sorry for yourself. Learn to embrace who you are, and be content with yourself. We are all unique, and there is someone out there for everyone.

We don't meet that person until we are meant to meet them.

Beyond that, a person can't ever truly love someone else until they learn to love themselves.

Just some food for thought... :dunno:

New Jersey does not have any groups of my interest trust me I have looked. Most groups I ever see are for either AA religious or self help groups. As of hang out type of groups most are not really for me with the crowds that frequent them

You say that you get depressed easily, have low self esteem and "can sometimes be a perv" and you wonder why no one has responded???? SMH!!!!!!

You say that you get depressed easily, have low self esteem and "can sometimes be a perv" and you wonder why no one has responded???? SMH!!!!!!

Nice how you neglect any of the good qualities I mentioned. Then again even if you did mention those as well it wouldn't really matter seeing as my post wasn't meant for you anyway. At least with me I am myself out here and can be honest about my good and bad qualities. I am not going around and putting people down like others seem to be doing. Also I never wondered why people didn't respond. Maybe you should spend less time judging me seeing as you don't even know me. SMH!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Nice how you neglect any of the good qualities I mentioned. Then again even if you did mention those as well it wouldn't really matter seeing as my post wasn't meant for you anyway. At least with me I am myself out here and can be honest about my good and bad qualities. I am not going around and putting people down like others seem to be doing. Also I never wondered why people didn't respond. Maybe you should spend less time judging me seeing as you don't even know me. SMH!!!!!!!

Ahhh...come on, MarkFromNJ...by ur posting, you seem to be a very intelligent guy....and wish I could snap my fingers and pair off so many people that are looking for a mate.....Patience is the key, you've already put urself out there, and it's good that you know ur bad qualities from the good...wishing you good luck.

Ahhh...come on, MarkFromNJ...by ur posting, you seem to be a very intelligent guy....and wish I could snap my fingers and pair off so many people that are looking for a mate.....Patience is the key, you've already put urself out there, and it's good that you know ur bad qualities from the good...wishing you good luck.

Thanks Robin. The reason I seemed a little annoyed in that last post was because they didn't have to put me down the way they did. At least I have more support then hate though so I guess that is something to be thankful for

Thanks Robin. The reason I seemed a little annoyed in that last post was because they didn't have to put me down the way they did. At least I have more support then hate though so I guess that is something to be thankful for

I can't say for sure as I'm not Angel1989, but I don't think she intended her comment as a put down. More that when you're putting yourself put there to meet someone, you should always put your best foot forward.

Think of things you enjoy, that you're passionate about and list those. Save the "not so good" qualities for someone who you've been dating for a longer period of time. One other thing I've noticed is that you put yourself down sometimes. You should really try to stay positive about yourself- that will attract people to you. Determine the things you are proud about, and hold on to it. Let the negativity go.

Yep...agreeing with CSign somewhat....work on ur negative aspects (that you know of)....Plus, you stated you were a "Perv"....so that's a turn off for most anybody....no matter how intelligent you are. And what's up with not looking for a hearing girl like urself?....What attraction are the deaf girls/ladies to you?...You're not a fluent signer, so there might be a communication problem (?)

Yep...agreeing with CSign somewhat....work on ur negative aspects (that you know of)....Plus, you stated you were a "Perv"....so that's a turn off for most anybody....no matter how intelligent you are. And what's up with not looking for a hearing girl like urself?....What attraction are the deaf girls/ladies to you?...You're not a fluent signer, so there might be a communication problem (?)

I never said I had a attraction to only deaf women. The reason I mentioned some of my faults is because I rather be honest from the door as opposed to having them find out down the road. To me that is a good trait. Honesty is after all the best policy.

I never said I had a attraction to only deaf women. The reason I mentioned some of my faults is because I rather be honest from the door as opposed to having them find out down the road. To me that is a good trait. Honesty is after all the best policy.

No one is saying to be dishonest. Yes, honesty is always the best policy. However, you have to get to know a person before you start sharing your deepest, darkest secrets.

Give them an opportunity to get to know you and develop an attraction first. Otherwise you'll just scare any potential suitors away. That's my point. Once someone falls in love, they accept the person for who they are. Everyone has faults and things to work on.

I agree with what csign said.

To add to that. I once knew someone that was openley honest as you have described yourself. The issue many had with him was that he came across as being brutal, which signifies a lack of emotional developement. Given time and the right attitude his self esteem improved which helped him to grow and develop tact so as to not offend others when speaking. I was really impressed with the changes. I myself have struggled with this as well, so I can relate to your situation.

I am certain though now that people know a few of my good and bad traits that after sometime there is a good chance I might find someone. I just gotta keep my head up

Or you could try some online dating sites, I had some luck with that in the past. I know your feeling lonely right now but just hang in there and get out and have fun, meet people. The time is for you now, so enjoy it :) explore!

Or you could try some online dating sites, I had some luck with that in the past. I know your feeling lonely right now but just hang in there and get out and have fun, meet people. The time is for you now, so enjoy it :) explore!

Well as of around here there is not many women that I can see myself dating. Dating sites I have tried the basic ones but never really had much luck with those. Like I said just have to keep my head up.

Angel gave you some good advice. Your good qualities won't matter when you say stuff like above.

It makes you seem scary.

Add it to your brooding hoodie picture, and it makes you look like a potential serial killer.

You really need to lighten up and take yourself less seriously to get a girlfriend.

The first step in finding love, is loving yourself. Once you are comfortable with yourself then and only then could you be ready to love another.

Back