Homework help - how do you sign these words?

Etoile

Reaction score
It's very embarrassing, but I didn't do my HW for Linguistics until the last minute! So now I need to ask on AD for some help. I will be asking you how you sign 2 particular signs and then I will ask you for some basic information like what state are you from, what type of school did you go to, etc. Please leave a reply here if you are willing to help and I will PM you with the questions.

I only need 10 people at the moment. You can be from anywhere in USA or Canada. (It's linguistics of ASL, so UK and Australia are different!)

Thanks!!

I know ASL, and I am from Australia, but you might want to check out this site - ASLPro.com Home
Sorry if I wasn't clear. This is a Linguistics of ASL class. I am finding out how people from different regions sign different signs. I am already fluent in ASL, this class is at Gallaudet University. That site is a great dictionary but it's not what I need! The signs I was given are signed different ways by different people, so that's what we are studying - variation in ASL.

Since you know ASL, would you be willing to answer these couple of questions for me?

I have taken two Linguistics classes at Gallaudet U. PM me if u need help.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. This is a Linguistics of ASL class. I am finding out how people from different regions sign different signs. I am already fluent in ASL, this class is at Gallaudet University. That site is a great dictionary but it's not what I need! The signs I was given are signed different ways by different people, so that's what we are studying - variation in ASL.

Since you know ASL, would you be willing to answer these couple of questions for me?

Oh, sorry, I must have confused from your explaination and you can PM me or Shel90 the questions either way, its cool :)

Oh, sorry, I must have confused from your explaination and you can PM me or Shel90 the questions either way, its cool :)
I got some answers from Shel90 but I need a total of 10 people, I will PM you too :)

I just did that assignment last term. Are you reading from the what's your sign for pizza book? I found many variations for ocean. The one I had not seen before was an open O brushed across the non dominant palm face up.

I too, am looking for information because I am a student working towards BA in interpreting. I love ASL and the Deaf community. I am now doing research to write about mainstreaming vs. Deaf schools. If you have any ideas on contacts, or if you can share an opinion.
I am also working on a proposal to present to the local school board here in Oregon. I want to try to get ASL put into the school system, permanently, as our national second language. I think it can be done. Any opinions on the matter would be welcome. Thanks,, Jeanie T,, Oregon
Good luck with your assignment.

Last edited by a moderator:
We're not using What's Your Sign for Pizza although I do have that book. We are just using Linguistics of American Sign Language, the purple book.

I can't PM you because you have that turned off, but PM me if you want?

We're not using What's Your Sign for Pizza although I do have that book. We are just using Linguistics of American Sign Language, the purple book.

I can't PM you because you have that turned off, but PM me if you want?

Just a friendly reminder - For those members who has under 100 posts are not able to use the Private Message features.

If you would like, I can be willing to help you out with some signs. Hit me up in PM, if you want to. ;)

Just a friendly reminder - For those members who has under 100 posts are not able to use the Private Message features.

If you would like, I can be willing to help you out with some signs. Hit me up in PM, if you want to. ;)

Whoa, I didn't even realize that! I'll send you a PM :)

Back