Home Security System services for deaf?

Guardian has services for the deaf. They installed strobe lights in my house and if the alarm goes off, they VP and text me. However, my VP hasnt been working that great so I have them call my husband for now.

Yesterday I was robbed again while I was sleeping and I can feeling bang the wall I thought it was my fiancée she forgets the keys so I check the window and I don't see her car. Then turn and away from the window and I saw black guy in living room and he saw me then he running to outside real fast like a chicken. My door is damaged real bad and glad that 3 maintenaxe replaced the door. I've decided I want buy security camera for my apartment. I need know which best security camera system?

Yesterday I was robbed again while I was sleeping and I can feeling bang the wall I thought it was my fiancée she forgets the keys so I check the window and I don't see her car. Then turn and away from the window and I saw black guy in living room and he saw me then he running to outside real fast like a chicken. My door is damaged real bad and glad that 3 maintenaxe replaced the door. I've decided I want buy security camera for my apartment. I need know which best security camera system?

Ask your landlord if it's okay or not to install your own security camera in your apt. Some greedy landlord disapprove it. They removed their own security camera installed on their garage spaces.

I had two security cameras for internet access. One night vision camera for outside. One non-night vision camera for living room.

Same here ;) Plus dogS too. My dogS barks real damn loud which is very uninviting to whoever comes in. Often I told them no worries, they won't bite, they are overexciting that is it.

my current home security system is Remington. no false alarm. no security breach. nothing.

"I recently bought the Logitech alert system for many reasons -- peace of mind when I’m not at home, liability issues, and for those few lurkers in the night time. I have had more than a hard time trying to get my camera installed. My neighbor made a huge stink about it. So, I had to write letters to the HOA, and track down my police report (from when my car had been vandalized), to help validate my camera.

After all the fuss was over, I was able to keep my cameras, but under one condition that they couldn’t be attached to the siding of the house. So, I found a way out of it. I cemented a wooden post into a plant holder, then attached my camera to the post!

I knew in the end my cameras would pay for themselves and that after all the fight it would be worth it. And it truly was! A few months later, in mid-October, on a dark, foggy morning, I awoke to banging and what sounded to be a jiggling of my door knob. So, I ran to my back room and quickly checked my cameras. I was stunned. I couldn’t believe my eyes. A large male came on to my back deck. He quickly looked at the camera and got very frustrated letting out a big sigh. He then quickly walked off my deck and then around to the front. At the front, he tried jigging the handle. At this time, he became very enraged and started yelling. After a few minutes of no luck at trying to get in, he walked off. My camera also videotaped him going up the street and trying to open car doors.

I called and made a police report. The police officer was amazed at the quality of the camera video and wanted to know where he could get one. My neighbor, who had made a huge stink about it, came out wanting to “thank” me for the cameras.

The Logitech Alert System has really made a difference in my life and I owe a lot to it."

Thief with police record caught in the act - YouTube

"I recently bought the Logitech alert system for many reasons -- peace of mind when I’m not at home, liability issues, and for those few lurkers in the night time. I have had more than a hard time trying to get my camera installed. My neighbor made a huge stink about it. So, I had to write letters to the HOA, and track down my police report (from when my car had been vandalized), to help validate my camera.

After all the fuss was over, I was able to keep my cameras, but under one condition that they couldn’t be attached to the siding of the house. So, I found a way out of it. I cemented a wooden post into a plant holder, then attached my camera to the post!

I knew in the end my cameras would pay for themselves and that after all the fight it would be worth it. And it truly was! A few months later, in mid-October, on a dark, foggy morning, I awoke to banging and what sounded to be a jiggling of my door knob. So, I ran to my back room and quickly checked my cameras. I was stunned. I couldn’t believe my eyes. A large male came on to my back deck. He quickly looked at the camera and got very frustrated letting out a big sigh. He then quickly walked off my deck and then around to the front. At the front, he tried jigging the handle. At this time, he became very enraged and started yelling. After a few minutes of no luck at trying to get in, he walked off. My camera also videotaped him going up the street and trying to open car doors.

I called and made a police report. The police officer was amazed at the quality of the camera video and wanted to know where he could get one. My neighbor, who had made a huge stink about it, came out wanting to “thank” me for the cameras.

The Logitech Alert System has really made a difference in my life and I owe a lot to it."

Thief with police record caught in the act - YouTube

Sheesh you're lucky!! Your neighbor made huge stink about it should back off because it's your property. I understand how you feel about being in microscope from your neighbor. They're just being a jerk! I've been there and had to deal with HOA. As for me, I would just install security camera in good spot where no one notice it and when neighbor isn't home. Do it on your day off when they're not home during the day.

I would check with Logitech cameras. I was looking into X10 video security system but don't know how was the quality of its cameras. I have been putting off because of budget grrr. I will check out Logitech security camera.

I even checked through Spy camera websites which I like Bullet camera with IR (infared) light to see dark up to 30 feet and it is easily concealable. I prefer firmware motion detection so I can have it recorded on dedicated computer system. (It should records when there's motion occurs but if there's no motion, it'll stop recording, thus saving drive space) Timestamp must be included as always for evidence purpose..

I do have issue with neighbor kids who did vandalize my property and my house (threw eggs on door and windows last year). I already found out who and his father admitted that his sons along with friends were in very hot water with police because they vandalized neighbor's Christmas decoration (elaborated Christmas stuff on lawn) and neighbor were so pissed already. Boys are already under my and neighbor microscope right now :squint: :lol: If I had security camera system, I would have burn a copy of recorded criminal activity and give it to Police and his parent so they will know what their boys were doing at night.

Maybe you can invest electronic dog barker. I've seen one at security store and it's neat!!! I wish I had recorded my ex-girlfriend's two Labrador's barking because both dogs alternaternates its bark and it was so damn loud that I can feel "pressure" on my chest. It was perfect pattern that dog made. Regrettably, their dogs died long time ago before I had chance. I could have use it as security purpose to scare off thieves by using woofer speaker with capacitor and 500 watt amplifier. That'll annoys neighbor thinking I actually have dogs when I don't :rofl:

Catty

Sheesh you're lucky!! Your neighbor made huge stink about it should back off because it's your property. I understand how you feel about being in microscope from your neighbor. They're just being a jerk! I've been there and had to deal with HOA. As for me, I would just install security camera in good spot where no one notice it and when neighbor isn't home. Do it on your day off when they're not home during the day.

huh? That video clip is not mine and I copied someone's story then i pasted it here. lol. I have Logitech Alert already.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl21TJ4B0tw&feature=endscreen&NR=1]Camera captures robbery in action - YouTube[/ame]

I don't need home security system. I use to Logitech Alert (security cameras)

<snip>

The WiLife System was one the best purchases I have made. It was very easy to set up and the customer support was great.

After being robbed last October, I continued having a feeling that someone was entering the house without my knowledge. So I set up the video surveillance system to help figure out what was going on. Then on Wednesday April 8th, I had a strange feeling there was a problem at my house. I logged onto the live streaming feature and there was a man standing in my living room attempting to rob me again! I called 911 from 30 miles away and the police were at my home in literally 4 minutes. They had my whole house surrounded. The criminals did not get away with anything other than the cheese they ate from my refrigerator.

It was a very strange feeling watching my house being robbed and feeling helpless. But in the end, due to this system, they were unable to steal from me again and went straight to jail.

I would recommend this system to anyone who does not want to spend an arm and a leg trying to protect the things they have worked so hard for.

Thanks!
J. Thomas"

Evo, that's a great story! And I'm glad it worked out well for you. But if your "strange feeling" wouldn't have kicked in, you would only have had a tape to give to your local police. You still might not have gotten your stuff back.

Not everybody has a reliable "strange feeling", so a security system is probably still a good idea.

If one can afford it, I would guess it's best to have both systems in place.

Did you try ADT security company? You might want to talk with their manager what they can do for deafie.

Just penny of thought

Catty
NEVER DEAL with ADT as they never met my match and will screw you to keep you as these are branch out Franchises to make a living and keep you under contract as BULLIES - If you decide make sure you make a agreement for them to sign to your term of devices you want.

Have you looked into SpeechPath by NexTalk? It’s a software program that allows you to use your phone. It converts the incoming speech to text for you to read on your screen, you then just answer back.

So in your case, you can call the security company, any security company, and when they talk to you on the phone, you see what they are saying as text on your computer screen.

My father in law is deaf and he uses it all the time. We like it because we can now talk to dad and we don’t have to use relay.

I trashed my old Logitech Alert security camera. It's outdated. Now, I upgraded Panasonic Nighthawk window security camera. No fee monthly. it's my own recording on SD card much better without cloud service.

maxresdefault.jpg2maxresdefault.jpghomehawk_sample_night-1920x1080.jpg

No night vision. Just HDR camera looks great while nighttime.

I watched my Andriod tablet with HDR camera without night vision while watch "Blade Runner 2049" movie on TV. NightHawk app complete to iPhone, iPad, Andriod tablet and Andriod phone. It can zoom in, zoom out, drag from fullscreen video.

IMG_1367.JPG

Last edited:
Hi to everyone, I'm the same guy under Purplecatty ( totally forgot password), had to create new user name until Moderator fix the issue... My current user name is the same as Volusiarider forum which I am a member. I own 2002 Suzuki Volusia 800cc motorcycle.:rockon::rockon:

I moved to another home 8 years ago, it have ADT security system and it's OLD!! It was installed in 1997 somewhere according what I found the receipt inside the box. It have keypad on wall downstair next to Garage door entry. Main box in storage room very close by. I decide to do my research and found out that I can hack and unlock ADT system without have them come and set it up and charge me $$$. It does have old 3G cellular modem inside the box. So after I hacked the system. I was able to arm the system and it works pretty well. I decided to remove everything like main box, keypad, glassbreak sensor, all windows and door sensors. Stuff all in one main box for future use. I plan on modify old ADT system to Raspberry Pi with network connection so I can get alerts.

I now have outdoor IP PZT camera and it is pretty effective. also have another PZT camera indoor and use it watch 3D printer to be sure workpieces don't fail :laugh2:.

Since that it's been long time, now I am seeing newer security system and it's lot better than before.

Catty

Back