Holiday Prize Giveaway!

mbrek

Premium Member
Reaction score
As it's nearing Thanksgiving (US) and the holidays, I want to show my gratitude for all my new friends here on AD. So to do that, I thought I'd have a fun little give-away!

Between times cruising this forum, I like to make jewelry and lampwork beads (hand-crafted beads by melting glass). I've made a special pendant I will send to one lucky person! This is completely hand crafted by me, both bead and sterling silver work. The photo shows both sides of the same piece, measuring 2-3/8" high by 1-1/4" wide, and trust me - the bead is gorgeous!

But it's my game, and I have a few rules:
1) Open to anyone deaf/hoh/or hearie on this site that has made at least 100 posts (mods are welcome to enter).
2) Please do not enter in to win if you don't really like it! I'd it to go to someone (you or SO) who will love it. :D
3) PM me with "thankful" in the subject line to enter. Only one entry per person please! I will check the winner, and you will be disqualified if I find more than one entry.
4) This is open for 48 hours only! I will draw the winner on Friday 11-11-11 at noon CST. The winner will be drawn randomly from the entries, I will not select a certain person (unless bribed... kidding).
5) One I have verified the winner I will post here and PM the winner!

What do you say... do you want to play? Only 48 hours... so on your mark, get set, GO!

Attachments

• IMG_0576.jpg
    IMG_0576.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0577.jpg
    IMG_0577.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Nice contest, mbrek! We don't have too many of these often and they always seem to come out getting the forum lively.

Good luck to those playing!
I am a bare minimum guy and can't see me wearing them... yet. So I will bow out of courtesy for the women. :giggle:

PS, are those crafts, what they call troll beads? They look really familiar!

Nice! but, yeah, does the quarter come with it??? :giggle:

I'm kidding they are gorgeous! I won't participate because they should go to someone that would actually wear it. I, however, will not be poking holes in my ears any time soon. Plus, I don't think they would go with my winter beard! :D

OOPS! I need to clarify!

The photos are of front and back of a single pendant (not earrings - yikes, they'd be huge).

No Cheetah, the quarter is not included. :giggle:

How sweet, and incredibly generous of you to do that. Do you make the beads (melted glass?)

OOPS! I need to clarify!

The photos are of front and back of a single pendant (not earrings - yikes, they'd be huge).

OH! that makes sense. I like how the front and back are a little different.

OOPS! I need to clarify!

But I need to see the front of the quarter...I only see the back!

Love it! I will enter the contest.

That's so sweet of you to do that!

What exactly is expected in the PM? Are we to simply say "I'm in?" Or should we write something we are thankful for. Please let us know.

You can leave it blank if you like. I just want to keep any regular PMs to me separate from those who want to enter the give away.

^^^Thanks, Badger. I've become so very fond of AD (read: addicted!), I wanted to have some fun and show my thanks. BTW people - I've got very few responses, so those of you who have entered have got an excellent chance so far!

Last edited:
Wow - you are a gifted artist. Will you post the winner and why?

Back