Hola from Indiana!

K

KatStewart

Heeeeeeeelllllllllllloooooooo!!! How are you? I'm good. I just stumbled on this site from another deaf site. I'm glad I found a message board I can relate to!
Who am I? I'm a funny girl who love to laugh and goof around... and let me warn you.......I SSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOO love racing such like NASCAR, USAC Sprints, Outlaws, Indy Racing, and go karts.... I'm slowly converting into liking Aussie racing since my friend from Adelaide, SA got me into it!!!! :cool: (I'd LOVE to move to Australia!) My fave driver is Tony Stewart...I've been his fan for 10 years since my uncle used to race w/ him in USAC!
Anyway, I'm from central Indiana and am 22 yrs old and is about to be done with University in December then have to do an internship (Hopefully in Indy Racing in Indy.)
Let's see... Oh I'm very athletic and love to be outside doin stuff like play sports, run around with my farm animals and hanging out w/ my hearing dog! Her name is Mae! She is a golden retreiver/collie mix! I also LOVE cats as you can see my nickname. MEEEOOOWWWW!!
This is too cool! :type:
I don't have a lot deaf friends so I hope to make new deaf friends here!! I grew up going to public school so I wasn't exposed to the deaf culture much but I'm fluent in sign. I never forget!
Alright enough about me!!! Tell me about you! It's hard going thru ALL of the other people's threads about themselves..
Bye! :wave:

Welcome Kat. Another fellow Hoosier!! I'm a hearie down here in Terre Haute who also loves racing (mainly F1...you know? The series that just raced in Indy this past weekend?).

What part of the state are you from?

Anyway, welcome aboard.

Sarah
creator, Christy's World

cjester27 said:
Welcome Kat. Another fellow Hoosier!! I'm a hearie down here in Terre Haute who also loves racing (mainly F1...you know? The series that just raced in Indy this past weekend?).

What part of the state are you from?

Anyway, welcome aboard.

Sarah
creator, Christy's World

OMG!!!!!! Im at Indiana State University!!! WOW! I"ve only met ONE deaf person in Terre Haute!!!!

KatStewart said:
OMG!!!!!! Im at Indiana State University!!! WOW! I"ve only met ONE deaf person in Terre Haute!!!!

You're at ISU? Cool!!!

Tell you what. If you're not busy, I'll be helping people at a voter's registration drive at the main branch of the Coffee Grounds on Wabash tomorrow (October 2) between 5 and 7 (helping out my friend Todd, who's running for city council). If you want to meet me, come on over. (Umm.....advanced warning: I'm actually a hearing person with very limited sign, but the manual alphabet is solidly in my vocabulary.)

Sarah

cjester27 said:
You're at ISU? Cool!!!

Tell you what. If you're not busy, I'll be helping people at a voter's registration drive at the main branch of the Coffee Grounds on Wabash tomorrow (October 2) between 5 and 7 (helping out my friend Todd, who's running for city council). If you want to meet me, come on over. (Umm.....advanced warning: I'm actually a hearing person with very limited sign, but the manual alphabet is solidly in my vocabulary.)

Sarah

What do you look like? Description? It is at Coffee Grounds? That's funny My friend and I go there.. I love their hot chocolate!
I guess i dont understand "main branch of the coffee grounds? I have a curly brown w/ a little blond hair and I probably will be wearin my blue jacket with white stripes on my arms..about 5'5" .... maybe i'll walk by...
What made you interested in deaf culture? Do you know a lot deaf people? Do you have messenger we can chat?

KatStewart said:
What do you look like? Description? It is at Coffee Grounds? That's funny My friend and I go there.. I love their hot chocolate!
I guess i dont understand "main branch of the coffee grounds? I have a curly brown w/ a little blond hair and I probably will be wearin my blue jacket with white stripes on my arms..about 5'5" .... maybe i'll walk by...
What made you interested in deaf culture? Do you know a lot deaf people? Do you have messenger we can chat?

1. Main branch of the Coffee Grounds is the one on Wabash Avenue. (Remember that there are two other branches, one at the Commons, the other one that just opened up at Cunningham Library).
2. Not sure yet what I'll be wearing. I have shoulder length brown hair (somewhat curly), also about 5'5", wearing a red hooded United States Grand Prix jacket...and most likely I'll be taking pictures at the event.
3. Right now I'm at work *gulps* over at the student bookstore on Wabash. No messenger here, but when I get home in about a little over an hour, I'll put your account on AOL and MSN.

OK. Gotta get back to work. Bye for now.

Sarah

COOL!

That's so funny I live on campus and you are like... less than 10 mins walk from me!!!!!!! :rofl:

Talk to ya when u get off from work!

:wave: welcome to AD enjoy ur stay! :D

enjoy chatting over coffee/hot chocolate at the Coffee Grounds :D

Hi I'm from Indianapolis. I'm not deaf, though. I am in the process of learning how to sign. so I've been meeting more deaf people here in Indy. Back to racing. Do you like Formula 1 at all?

Welcome to Alldeaf v 2.5 :wave: hope ya enjoy yer stay here :cool:

Oh.. u love NASCAR.. yeppie!! same as me I love NASCAR.. my fav. driver is Dale E. Jr. #8

Also i'm wondering if u like MOD Stock car race? there's one behind my backyard.. i enjoy watching it every thursdays from my home when i have time :)

Hey Scuba & Lil Fancy! Yeah I like ANYTHING related to Racing as long as it goes FAST! LOL

Scuba You are from Michigan? (I wish this site would say who is female and male..I can't figure out which sex!) Junior ALMOST had his 5th consective win last sunday at Talladega.... My man Tony could've beat Junior IF there had been ONE more lap to go :P

LilFancy.... Do you join any of the deaf clubs or events in Indy? I wish I knew someone who goes and meet deaf people.. I know there are a lot in Indy... Just haven't had the chance to meet that many!!!

Message me via Aol .. I love to talk to people! :D

:wave: welcome to alldeaf.com smile and have fun check out view and how was weather in Indian?? I m sure you will make new deaf friend in here who know smile

LBGal

Welcome to AD! So you're interested in Aussie sports, hey? ;) Have you heard of Australian Rules Footy? You can check the site out and learn a bit about it... http://www.afl.com.au

Meanwhile, enjoy perusing through AD threads and posting here and there! :applause:

Hi DScuba!
I haven't joined any clubs, but there is a great church that has a deaf ministry. It's St Lukes. It's not a bunch of bible thumpers either. It's a lot of fun, and there are all types of people who belong.

Heh, I too am from Indiana. . .

And I was just at ISU visiting a hometown friend jus last week. Pretty nice college actually.

hey katstewart again welcome to ADas me too lol GO BUDEIGHT WHOAAAAAA so i hope you have fun in your hometown that great keep grade in your college .

Xero said:
Heh, I too am from Indiana. . .

And I was just at ISU visiting a hometown friend jus last week. Pretty nice college actually.

That's COOL!! Is your friend deaf or hearing? I RARELY meet any deaf folks here!!!! Do you know where the deaf folks have been hiding here? Where are you from?

BUDEIGHT said:
hey katstewart again welcome to ADas me too lol GO BUDEIGHT WHOAAAAAA so i hope you have fun in your hometown that great keep grade in your college .

No... it's GO STEWART!!! :P

Back