"Hola" from El Salvador

sansalmom

Reaction score
Hi, I found out only a few months ago that my 4 year old has moderate hearing loss in both ears. We're Americans living abroad in El Salvador and quickly learning about the Deaf community and schools here. I have so many questions, and I've already begun posting in the ASL-Oralism section. Thank you for your advice and support!

Muy buenos dias y bienvenida al foro de ALL DEAF :) espero disfrutes ;)

Gracias a todo y todas por sus bienvenidos al foro! Thanks for the warm welcome to the forum! I hope to post more in the future about El Salvador and the Deaf community here. I start my ASL class tomorrow at Escuela Cristiana para Sordos!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHVdrg_dEAk]YouTube - El Salvador- Escuela Cristiana para Sordos[/ame]

Hi, I found out only a few months ago that my 4 year old has moderate hearing loss in both ears. We're Americans living abroad in El Salvador and quickly learning about the Deaf community and schools here. I have so many questions, and I've already begun posting in the ASL-Oralism section. Thank you for your advice and support!

if she has a moderate hearing loss in both ears, there's a good chance she'll recive benefit from a hearing aid :)
I recommend the Oticon Safari since it's kid friendly and I have them now to replace my old hearing aid so I like them alot

Hi and welcome to AD! What brought you and your family to El Salvador? If you prefer not to answer, that's ok.

G'day,
I hope you'll find many answers in this forum. We'll be happy to educate you and offer advices. All the best to your son in his new deaf school. :)
Cheers

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. You will learn a lot from us discussing about deafness, Deaf Culture and our deaf perspective and also hard of hearing perspectives. Have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

if she has a moderate hearing loss in both ears, there's a good chance she'll recive benefit from a hearing aid :)
I recommend the Oticon Safari since it's kid friendly and I have them now to replace my old hearing aid so I like them alot

I'm so glad to hear you like your Oticon Safari!!! We only had two choices in El Salvador, and we went with Oticon Safari! (The other choice was Phonak, but a) it was more expensive than Oticon, and b) it's not a pediatric model). Thank you so much for your advice! :ty:

HI! :) How do you like El salvador? I've been there a few times because im half salvadorian.

We love it! The only thing that takes some getting used to is the crime situation (not being able to walk my dogs outside, ever). But I love the weather, and the people are so friendly. I'm really excited to meet more local Salvadorans in my ASL class, which I started today! The people there seemed so kind-hearted (many of them are in the Evangelical community, which is not surprising, since it's the Escuela Cristiana para Sordos). If you're ever in town, you should definitely stop by the school (I brought some ASL books today, and they were very excited to compare signs used in ES with signs in the book).

Muy buenos dias y bienvenida al foro de ALL DEAF :) espero disfrutes ;)

Gracias! Lo interesante, es que mi esposo y yo estamos apprendiendo ASL en espanol (es decir, de espanol). Buena practica para nosotros en ambos idiomas! :) Pero que bueno para nosotros y para nuestro hijo que aqui se usa ASL!

Back