HoH teen

BoricuaChevere

Reaction score
Hello I'm Antonio and I'm HoH. I'm mainstreamed but I teach myself ASL and want to go to Deaf school. I conversate with another HoH girl who goes to Deaf school. I became HoH due to severe ear infections growing up. I love Deaf culture and if I had a choice between hearing and deaf, I'd choose deaf. Nice to meet you all

Hi, I'm Lily. When I was growing up my parents didn't give me the option of goin to a deaf school, though later on in my alternative high school I did meet a girl who went to CSDB, and learned a little ASL. I, too, am teaching myself and if I had had a choice between being a loser in the hearing world, or a normal person in the deaf, I would choose deaf as well.

Nice to meet you! Feel free to add me or message me if you would like to talk :)

Well then why don't you transfer to a Deaf School then? Or at least a school with a regional dhh program? I think I remember you from the About.com forums. I remember you saying that your mother barely accepts that you're HOH, but if you transferred to a hearing school that has a dhh program you could tell her that you would be getting the best of both worlds....meaning teachers who wouldn't give her a hard time over IEP accomondations or who wouldn't cheat you out of good academics , and competitive academics, as well as other dhh peers. A regional dhh program can be almost as good as a deaf school....damn if I could go back in time, I would transfer to deaf school....there's also a plethora of summer camps and programs for you!

Back