hoh, fairly new to hearing aids, in New Hampshire

Crickets

Reaction score
Hello, everyone. I've lurked for a few months now, and finally decided to introduce myself. I've had unilateral severe sensorineural hearing loss for as long as I can remember, and a few years ago I got tinnitus in both ears and began losing some hearing in my other ear, too (Now I have a moderate loss in that ear). About a year ago, I got my first hearing aids. Both of my siblings are also hoh, with otosclerosis (which I don't have), and one of my siblings also got his first hearing aids a few months ago, so it's been nice to have family members who can understand some of what I've been experiencing, and we've had each other to talk to.

I don't know if I'll continue to lose more hearing in one or both ears, but I just wanted to say that it's very helpful for me to have this board to come to where I can read about stories and helpful information from other people so I will have a better idea about things that will be available for me in the future if I do become more hoh.

So, thanks, and Hello again :)

:welcome: to a fellow New Englander. This is an informative and fun place to be.

Back