Hitler may got unwittingly married to a Jew

It is not.

How did you know? DNA testing was not in existence 40 years ago. :laugh2:

Interesting, I just learned about that and I told my wife. She said VERY OLD NEWS, She knew it from history class at RIT.

Isn't being a Jew itself a religion? If so, how can it be detected through the blood or DNA? :confused:

Isn't there something I am missing? :confused:

Judaism has many different "branches" or parts to it. Some Jews are religious; some aren't. Jews are a culture, a people, as well as a religion.

Like WDYS post -traditionally in Judaism, Jewish status or heritage is passed through the mother. That was the "original" or more "religious" way. Now, within the more liberal elements of Judaism, if the father is/was Jewish, the children could also be considered Jewish.

Judaism has many different "branches" or parts to it. Some Jews are religious; some aren't. Jews are a culture, a people, as well as a religion.

Like WDYS post -traditionally in Judaism, Jewish status or heritage is passed through the mother. That was the "original" or more "religious" way. Now, within the more liberal elements of Judaism, if the father is/was Jewish, the children could also be considered Jewish.

Thanks for the clarification. I was always taught that being jew itself is a religion. It just got me to wonder how it could be detected through the DNA testing. I suppose, the DNA tests will be able to line it up with showing the ancestry lines and wherever they fall at.

My daughter know a family where the dad is Jewish and mother is not. Their kids are Jewish , yes is getting to be more liberal .

kids often followed their mom's religion.

Jolie77,
Judaism has three Jewish branches. in a way. spread out all over.

:wave:WDYS,

yes, in our synagogue we have several interfaith/conversion and "father-is-Jew-by-birth" families.

There are actually 4 branches of Judaism, though only three are technically <and historically> - denominations.

Orthodox <several movements within this, and sects within those>

Conservative

Reform

and -Reconstructionism
we have 1 Reconstructionist synagogue in y specific area, that I've done some things with.

and there are atheist Jews, pagan Jews, UU Jews, etc.
Since Jews are also an ethnic or cultural groups

There was 4 boys in dad family and he was the only one that married a Jewish woman so dads' mother would come to our house for Sabbath on Friday night and for the Jewish holidays . I miss out a lot b/c I did not have a hearing aid till I was almost 8 yo . My grandmother dies when I was about that age. My older sister heard everything and she tell things I did not hear. . I should have my sister write things down so there something to pass on my great grandchild. We should try to keep our families history alive like the Native American do , they pass their stories down to the next story teller.

Last edited:
Back