Highland hit by rash of car larcenies.

WhisperHorse

Reaction score
Highland hit by rash of car larcenies - The Oakland Press News > Cops & Courts: The best place for news in and around Oakland County

A rash of vehicle break-ins in Highland Township is under investigation by the Oakland County Sheriff ’s Office, and police are warning people to take all valuables, including garage door openers, out of their cars.

A resident in the Axford Acres subdivision — east of Harvey Lake Road — reported to the Oakland County Sheriff ’s Office about 6 a.m. Tuesday that a larceny had occurred from his vehicle, which was parked in his driveway.

A side window was smashed and a laptop computer and briefcase were stolen.

After that call, the Highland substation continued to respond to calls from other residents of the subdivision throughout the morning hours.

Thus far, about 15 vehicles have been reported broken into in a similar manner and various items, including Global Positioning System devices, iPods, other electronic devices and in some cases, money was taken from the vehicles.

Police believe the break-ins began at 9 p.m. Monday and continued until 6 a.m. Tuesday.

Police are reminding residents to lock their vehicles and remove anything of value, including garage door openers, while parked in their driveways. The larcenies remain under active investigation, police said. Anyone with information is asked to call either the Highland Substation detectives at (248) 887-5863 or (888) TURN-1-IN.

I couldn't believe it because I'm 14th person that it happened to me, they broke in my car and stole money. I didn't expect that they will put it on the newspaper. =/ I hope that they will catch someone who did it. *sighs*

Sorry that happened to you. We have had a rash of that here too, and my younger daughter had her car broken into in the driveway, and her wallet, money and everything taken.

Here they caught one teenagers and think they will get the rest and put an end to it.

It really sucks.

Yep, I heard about that and she told me about the news. That was pretty wild. I hope they catch someone who did that and let him rot in jail!

Yea...that really sucks. stealing stuff that people worked hard for, and they are just too lazy to work hard for them and just steal them instead...how damn selfish is that? I hope someone catch him or them, too.

Back