High school students jailed for sagging pants

rockin'robin

Reaction score
BOLIVAR, TN (WMC) -
Two Bolivar Central High School students were jailed after wearing sagging pants in school.

"I just took it and went on. I didn't know what else to do," BCHS student Antonio Ammons said.

Ammons had to serve 48 hours behind bars in the Hardeman County Criminal Justice Complex after School Resource Officer Charles Woods charged him with indecent exposure for wearing sagging pants at the school.

Woods said in the report that the sagging happened more than once.

Ammons said he has never been in jail and was in a pod with other inmates.

"I really didn't like it," Ammons said.

Ammons showed WMC Action News 5 what his pants looked like at school. You can see part of the waistband of his underwear and his gym shorts.

Some parents and students agree something needs to be done, but said jail time is a little too much.

"I think jail time might be a little too much, but at the same time there has been a lot of sagging pants," parent Crystal Wing said.

"I don't think it's necessary to go to jail for saggy pants, but I think the school should have some kind of punishment though," senior Jordan Perry said.

But other students are angry about it.

"I think it's just a little harsh. They didn't need to go to that extreme," student Cheyenne Lindsey said.

Ammons was one of four students charged with indecent exposure, but only two had to serve jail time. It is unclear why the students were charged with indecent exposure. Attorney Leslie Ballin said that under Tennessee law, saggy pants do not constitute indecent exposure.

Now Ammons, who lives with his great-grandmother, has to figure out how he will pay more than $250 in court costs and fines.

WMC Action News 5 made repeated calls to the Hardeman County Schools Director Warner Ross II and the Bolivar Central High School principal Jeff Barnes for comments. None of the calls were returned. Attempts were also made to contact Hardeman County Juvenile Court Judge and General Sessions Judge Boyette Denton, but those attempts were unsuccessful as well.

Read more: http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/30...udents-jailed-for-sagging-pants#ixzz3truLj7Q5

That punishment is way too harsh.

$250 fine....and said it wasn't the 1st time the kid had been warned....:hmm:...do agree, this punishment was a little too harsh...suspension or community service could have been given....

One of my sons wore his pants very baggy.....I hated it!...and no amount of pleading or talking to did any good, as the other kids in school wore them the same way....

But...he's working now and no longer wears them like that!....He came over a few days go, looking so good and wearing a belt....Now I see less and less of kids wearing baggy pants.

That punishment is way too harsh.

Yeah and were is the kid going to get the money to pay the $250 fine ?
The school could send the by home for the day or made him write 100 times he won't wear sagging pants anymore . Now he has a record and that not going to help him at all! :(

Yeah and were is the kid going to get the money to pay the $250 fine ?
The school could send the by home for the day or made him write 100 times he won't wear sagging pants anymore . Now he has a record and that not going to help him at all! :(

I think they should be made to clean the insides of commuter rails and trains and remove graffiti from buildings. It'll stay with them. I'm frankly sick of people walking around in their underwear like they're residents in a senior center...but jail time won't have much impact on the problem.

Laura

I think they should be made to clean the insides of commuter rails and trains and remove graffiti from buildings. It'll stay with them. I'm frankly sick of people walking around in their underwear like they're residents in a senior center...but jail time won't have much impact on the problem.

Laura

Jail time could only add to the problem , it could made a kid harden and it not going to look good when they try to get a job. It does look very stupid but it does not deserve a punishment that harsh . These are kids and kids do stupid things to try and :shock: people . I bet if people stop making such a big fuss over this it would had dies out a long time ago. People better not call a plumber to their house . LOL!

Ahhhh the old saying "Pull your damn pants up!!"

I'm so tired of seeing so many people walking around with their damn underwear hanging out.

He was told many times to pull up his pants and he refused. Community Service? Yeah right, like that will teach him anything. What is really going to work with a bunch of idiots who refuse to pull up their pants. Maybe putting him in jail for a few hours will knock some sense into him. He was warned, he ignored the rules.

I had a friend of mine, who's son always wore his pants like that. Every time he came to my house, I tell him to "pull up his damn pants". I got so sick and tired of asking. I told her, 'he either dress appropriately or I will give him a wedgie of a lifetime. After that he never came to my house with this underwear showing. He had a belt on.

I see this all the time in businesses as well. Young guys who work there with their pants around their knees. If they worked where I was, they'd be out of a job. You dress the part or you don't get paid.

I bet if people stop making such a big fuss over this it would had dies out a long time ago.
I remember kids in my high school back in the mid-90s doing this. After 20+ years, it sure has not died out. Enough is enough. Time for people to grow up.

As for where is the kid going to find $250 to pay the fines. I had a job since I was 13 years old. I had $100+ in my pocket every week when I was in HS. I'm sure he can find a job and work his way to pay his fines. The problem is, kids now a days are too damn lazy to want to work.

I loved having money in my pocket all the time from me working for my own money. I didn't have to rely on my parents for anything.

Ahhhh the old saying "Pull your damn pants up!!"

I'm so tired of seeing so many people walking around with their damn underwear hanging out.

He was told many times to pull up his pants and he refused. Community Service? Yeah right, like that will teach him anything. What is really going to work with a bunch of idiots who refuse to pull up their pants. Maybe putting him in jail for a few hours will knock some sense into him. He was warned, he ignored the rules.

I had a friend of mine, who's son always wore his pants like that. Every time he came to my house, I tell him to "pull up his damn pants". I got so sick and tired of asking. I told her, 'he either dress appropriately or I will give him a wedgie of a lifetime. After that he never came to my house with this underwear showing. He had a belt on.

I see this all the time in businesses as well. Young guys who work there with their pants around their knees. If they worked where I was, they'd be out of a job. You dress the part or you don't get paid. !

I remember kids in my high school back in the mid-90s doing this. After 20+ years, it sure has not died out. Enough is enough. Time for people to grow up.

As for where is the kid going to find $250 to pay the fines. I had a job since I was 13 years old. I had $100+ in my pocket every week when I was in HS. I'm sure he can find a job and work his way to pay his fines. The problem is, kids now a days are too damn lazy to want to work.

I loved having money in my pocket all the time from me working for my own money. I didn't have to rely on my parents for anything.

I didn't see that many kids dress like this the 90's I have grown men wearing sagging pants and not being to walk in them . Now that really looks bad !

"Enough is enough. Time for people to grow up." How about telling this to Donald Trump ! Look at all the people that think he is 'so cool'! :roll:

There are a lot worst things going in the world than kids wanting people to see what color underpants they have on. I know it looks horrible but I am not going to get my underpants all in a twist over this or lose sleep over it !

People should be permitted to dress as they like.
If u want pink hair cool
If you wangt to dress like you walked out of madmax..cool
If you want to walk around dressed as a baby...fine...
If you want to wear a zoot suit...neat
If you want to dress drab ok
If you want to look like ossy osborn fsir enough.
If you want to dress what ever the normal is neato
If a man wants to wear a dress...go for it
If a chick wants to wear a bekini....no plm
If you want to wear your pants low and show off your undies....
Fine..
So on so forth...

Its called freedom for a reason...

Sheesh...

Damn

The jails be busting so many go around trousers at half mast it the fashion..I desperately want give them wedgi.My son be serving hard time his pants always showing. But not at work.they may have piles want be comfortable.Kids wear school uniform so not problem..
I think it rediculus putting in jail,They going around looking like twits but is it not part of the 2ammendment .Ok carry gun but bit of bum cheek classed as obscene hmmm don't think rest of world would agree apart from Arabic countries...
Sorry but priority is wrong

Instead of fine or jail, should be suspend at school for 2 days.

Perhaps, on first day of school, they need to demo what is properly to dress while attend to school. Maybe? And add brief sex education "Oh, you're pregnant and don't want to have kid and decide to dump in the bin? Please left it at hospital or whatever. Thank!"

I support this idea. It is called DISCIPLINE.

pROpp95.gif

tumblr_mqkms5imed1qg9vx7o4_500.gif

Not quite that far as in pics.Some one stick note on his backside saying kick my Arse give him real tight wedgi but lots of boys wearing trousers like that.They look total dicks I don't like it but not prison offence.
I would think they done quite few things wrong been brats and it not so much their arses showing but school waiting for something that shock them into moving their arses not showing them.Plus if got gym shorts on I can not see problem.
I would think they be even worse after this they after being centre of attention they got it now

If u want pink hair cool
Fine..
So on so forth...

Sheesh...

Damn

So...ur saying that Parents have no "say so" what their middle school and HS children wear? Are you also saying that Schools should not be permitted to make Rules?...."Freedom for a Reason"...:roll:...Next you will be saying its OK and Fine! to brings Guns to school.....

Our jails are already overcrowded and it's a crime to me making taxpayers pay for a petty thing , wearing sagging pants . The punishment
does NOT fit the crime and I really don't call this a crime . The school should talk to the parents and tell them their kid won't get passing grades as long as he wear his pants half off.

Our jails are already overcrowded and it's a crime to me making taxpayers pay for a petty thing , wearing sagging pants . The punishment
does NOT fit the crime and I really don't call this a crime . The school should talk to the parents and tell them their kid won't get passing grades as long as he wear his pants half off.

Believe me...it don't work with all kids...some do wear a belt leaving home and then taking it off to feel "cool"....my son was 1 of them!...and I was a very strict parent.
And...some kids don't care if they get suspended...or even make failing grades....Rules don't apply to them....that's how they feel.

I even bought my son smaller waist fit to see if that would work...:lol:...he just took a few pair of the baggy pants to school and put them in his locker.

He;s already graduated now...and the baggy pants rule was not really enforced then....But Now!...it's being enforced....calling the Parent to come get their child and the Parent losing time at work.....This kid was warned Twice!....

I tend to agree with Hoichi and WDYS!

am also wondering if we looked, would see an unequal pointing out and punishment between kids of color wearing baggy pants and white kids wearing the same clothes. My guess based in past and recent history is that we would.

Believe me...it don't work with all kids...some do wear a belt leaving home and then taking it off to feel "cool"....my son was 1 of them!...and I was a very strict parent.
And...some kids don't care if they get suspended...or even make failing grades....Rules don't apply to them....that's how they feel.

I even bought my son smaller waist fit to see if that would work...:lol:...he just took a few pair of the baggy pants to school and put them in his locker.

He;s already graduated now...and the baggy pants rule was not really enforced then....But Now!...it's being enforced....calling the Parent to come get their child and the Parent losing time at work.....This kid was warned Twice!....

I think this last straw Must be more to it..I would sat down talk rationally with my son if he feels got to rebel that ok but not by flopping his Arse and looking a twit.I not sure see problem if they wearing gym shorts.just put sticker on backside pleas kick.
Me as parent showed my son that capable of doing anything austronort Doctor anything you try hard and fight to get there and you will.Leave foot print on the world'I made a difference' he doctor and makes a difference..
These kids should been shown they could aim for the stars Great shame the parents could not been more surported someone got break the never ending cycle and these kids got have something may not be math English or regular school subjects but tap into something postitive because they breed

If u want pink hair cool
Fine..
So on so forth...

Sheesh...

Damn

Well put :)

Back