High School Student Disarms Gunman… Gets Suspended?

KarissaMann05

Premium Member
Reaction score
A Florida high school student wrestled a loaded gun away from another teen on the bus ride home this week and was slapped with a suspension in return.

The 16-year-old Cypress Lake High student in Fort Myers, Fla. told WFTX-TV there was “no doubt” he saved a life after grappling for the loaded .22 caliber revolver being aimed point-blank at another student on Tuesday.

“I think he was really going to shoot him right then and there,” said the suspended student, not identified by WFTX because of safety concerns.

“Not taking no pity.”

The student said the suspect, a football player, threatened to shoot a teammate because he had been arguing with his friend.

Authorities confirmed to WFTX the weapon was indeed loaded, and the arrest report stated the suspect, identified by WVZN-TV as Quadryle Davis, was “pointing the gun directly” at the other student and “threatening to shoot him.”

That’s when, the teen told the station, he and two others tackled the suspect and wrestled the gun away. The next day, all three were suspended.

“How they going to suspend me for doing the right thing?” he asked.

(Read more...)
Oh, no, don't bother to save people's lives! Just let gunman shoots them, so you don't get suspended, anyway! </sarcastic> ... Seriously. What a terrible message to send. :(

That student shouldn't experience that way like that... He deserves some praise!

Last edited:
Oh wow, that's sad about school suspended the student who saved other student's life. I think that student who attempt to shoot, should tried as adult and dump in juvenile detention center until 18, and complete the sentence at adult prison. :(

This article and many situation about guns caused me to lose the faith with gun. :roll:

No doubt these 3 teens who were able to tackle the gun-wielding student and able to get the gun away...are heroes.....That's something a lot of people would not do, as guns are deadly and they could get shot themselves....even the gun could have misfired and someone getting shot in the scuffle of trying to get the gun away....

Feel sure there had to be an investigation into the whole matter....so the 3 teens were suspended until it was investigated...witness coming forth as to what really had happened.....The story stated the 3 teens would be back in school on Monday....

As for the teen with the gun...he should be in jail, suspended indefinately and charged with atempted murder....or deadly assault...

No doubt these 3 teens who were able to tackle the gun-wielding student and able to get the gun away...are heroes.....That's something a lot of people would not do, as guns are deadly and they could get shot themselves....even the gun could have misfired and someone getting shot in the scuffle of trying to get the gun away....

Feel sure there had to be an investigation into the whole matter....so the 3 teens were suspended until it was investigated...witness coming forth as to what really had happened.....The story stated the 3 teens would be back in school on Monday....

As for the teen with the gun...he should be in jail, suspended indefinately and charged with atempted murder....or deadly assault...

Those situation will result in permanent expulsion from school.

The 15-year-old suspect was arrested and charged with posession of a firearm on school property and assault with a deadly weapon without intent to kill.

He was taken to the juvenile justice center.

Cypress HS students suspended for disarming gunman? - WFTX-TV Fort Myers/Naples, FL

He's in jail right now.

No, that would be too logical. They'll go light on this kid and come down hard on law abiding gun owners like myself in case we get any ideas....

Laura

Last edited:
Am hoping it's not because this kid with the gun was on the "football team"..and the story stated that several other incidents such as this have happened at that school...and the video camera was "not working".....:hmm:....

I'd raise hell too....if my son was suspended for doing the right thing...then again...he could have been shot for it.....

Really crazy that the gun was not detected by security!....After all, with the other gun incidents happening at that school...I would take my son out of that school!...Pronto!....

Oh, no, don't bother to save people's lives! Just let gunman shoots them, so you don't get suspended, anyway! </sarcastic> ... Seriously. What a terrible message to send. :(

That student shouldn't experience that way like that... He deserves some praise!

He's a hero for saving the other student's life. Why did he get suspended? Makes no sense!

Officials at that high school are embarrassed right now because we look down at them. They will try to do damage control by requesting the city to award the students for bravery anytime soon.

Another evidence of truly government dysfunctional... Sad!

If today were 50's or earlier, we won't have problems like that. We don't have strict laws back then. Now look the effect after government thinks they needs to control morale and society and this also proves they are terrible WRONG on everything (Technically), even with good intentions.

Another evidence of truly government dysfunctional... Sad!

If today were 50's or earlier, we won't have problems like that. We don't have strict laws back then. Now look the effect after government thinks they needs to control morale and society and this also proves they are terrible WRONG on everything (Technically), even with good intentions.

this has nothing to do with government.... it's the school officials who chose suspended him, not government.

Oh are you saying that there is no control, no regulations, no nothing from government for school operations? Where do you think they (School) get money from?, and if they get money from somebody.... without strings attached? I don't think so!

Had you watch the movie called "Lean on me"? If not, watch then tell me what happened in the middle of the movie (I mean who got involved into)?

this has nothing to do with government.... it's the school officials who chose suspended him, not government.

Oh are you saying that there is no control, no regulations, no nothing from government? Where do you think they get money from, and if they get money from somebody.... without strings attached? I don't think so!

are you saying a government official played a role in his suspension, school policy and such?

Why we have school district board? If I remember clearly, during early 70's government decided to take over school and create school district boards, creates plenty of policies for them. For example no school is allowed to have students on third floor or higher, did you realize that it is government that decides ban on 3rd floor and higher? School has no control over this.

Suggest you watch movie called "Lean on me" and you will see what I am talking about.

are you saying a government official played a role in his suspension, school policy and such?

Why we have school district board? If I remember clearly, during early 70's government decided to take over school bu create school district boards, creates plenty of policies for them. For example no school is allowed to have students on third floor or higher, did you realize that it is government that decides ban on 3rd floor and higher? School has no control over this.
let's stick with reality, shall we? and that's not what I asked.

we're not in 70's. we're in 2013. the school district boards are mainly comprised of citizens.... parents.... voted in by the locals....

Suggest you watch movie called "Lean on me" and you will see what I am talking about.
I see that you are being brainwashed by some anti-government propaganda - Michael Moore style.

Sure, and the reality is that government is on WRONG way and is causing more problems than good. Perfect example, suspend student from trying to save somebody's life... All due to the fact because school are REQUIRED to follow by the book. We don't have like that in '60s or earlier where school makes their own decisions on how to resolve the problem, not anymore it is school district which is funded and supported by local government under supervision of state and federal government.

Me being brainwashed? LOLOLOL your funny!

let's stick with reality, shall we?

we're not in 70's. we're in 2013. the school district boards are mainly comprised of citizens.... parents.... voted in by the locals....

I see that you are being brainwashed by some anti-government propaganda - Michael Moore style.

Sure, and the reality is that government is on WRONG way and is causing more problems than good.

Me being brainwashed? LOLOLOL your funny!

I ask again - are you saying a government official played a role in his suspension, school policy and such? and are you saying school administrator is the "government" too?

Why do you think private school is often better than public schools?

Im not going to argue with you, I am old enough to see it. Im from 60's and I see from good to worse already .

And you may not know this, RIT is private school, and their police is now run and operated by Monroe county sheriff... Surprised? nah!

Another perfect example, Gallaudet University, Ms Sach got busted with weeds, who took the case?

I ask again - are you saying a government official played a role in his suspension, school policy and such? and are you saying school administrator is the "government" too?

Nowadays? yes, then? Nope

Why do you think private school is often better than public schools?

Im not going to argue with you, I am old enough to see it. Im from 60's and I see from good to worse already .

And you may not know this, RIT is private school, and their police is now run and operated by Monroe county sheriff... Surprised? nah!

Another perfect example, Gallaudet University, Ms Sach got busted with weeds, who took the case?

off-topic and irrelevant.

this hero is being suspended by a school official due to some nonsensical school policy or their twisted view. the "government" has nothing to do with it. I'm sure the "government" is shocked by this news but they cannot interfere with school matter any more than a federal government interfering with state matter.

Still revelant because, anytime when school wants to change policy, it HAS to be approved by the board and who runs the board?

This is something you seems don't understand how school runs. I won't be surprise if one of ADers works for school would say the same thing.

Finally, applies to all 50 states, whenever school discovers firearms, what steps does school require to take? Isn't calling cop one of them?

off-topic and irrelevant.

this hero is being suspended by a school official due to some nonsensical school policy. the "government" has nothing to do with it. I'm sure the "government" is shocked by this news but they cannot interfere with school matter any more than a federal government interfering with state matter.

Back