High School Memories (RockinRobin)

RR...you were HOT!!!! HAHA

My yearbooks are somewhere in my house but no clue where. I was on the swimming, diving, softball and volleyball teams. By the time I was in high school there was really no dress code that I can remember. P.E. uniforms were super ugly. Burgundy with a white stripe, step into and snap at the shoulders. I guess they were practical for gymnastics though.

I want to hear what you gals wore for swimming in P.E.? We had black one piece swimsuits issued by the school. When you came out from the pool, you stripped down and they handed you a little tiny towel. BUT...OMG...hubby just told me they had to swim naked his freshmen and sophomore year. Junior, senior year the school finally got bathing suits. WOW times have changed. Can you imagine schools doing that now. My kids would have died.
I swam daily during high school, and was excused from all other PE. I just had my own swimsuit, none were school issued.

It had a skirt as I am very modest. If it could have had long sleeves it would have. :P

No swim teams in my school, small town, swimming pools were a little rich.

RR...you were HOT!!!! HAHA

My yearbooks are somewhere in my house but no clue where. I was on the swimming, diving, softball and volleyball teams. By the time I was in high school there was really no dress code that I can remember. P.E. uniforms were super ugly. Burgundy with a white stripe, step into and snap at the shoulders. I guess they were practical for gymnastics though.

I want to hear what you gals wore for swimming in P.E.? We had black one piece swimsuits issued by the school. When you came out from the pool, you stripped down and they handed you a little tiny towel. BUT...OMG...hubby just told me they had to swim naked his freshmen and sophomore year. Junior, senior year the school finally got bathing suits. WOW times have changed. Can you imagine schools doing that now. My kids would have died.
I didn't take swimming in school.

Swimming was required and still was when my kids were in high school.
Not required at any of my schools; I don't think they all had pools. If they did, I didn't see them.

My daughter's school didn't have a pool.

NCSD did have a very big pool...I didn't swim tho' (ears)...so I was sort of a pool monitor...those who did have swim suits (from home) could wear them, but absolutely no Bikinis...otherwise, they were issued one (and it looked awful)...:lol:...the boys were never allowed to swim with the girls or even play any sports. together...there was limited (if any) interaction with the opposite sex....

I did play Track, Baseball, Basketball and touch football (girls)...and trained in the Print Shop...only girl in there...:giggle:...as I hated typing and office work. But was watched "like a hawk". There were never any pregnancies at NCSD....

Never any sex education either....we girls were very naïve when we graduated....We had 3 meals a day, no coffee or tea allowed, only milk....strong and healthy.

Our Sadistic gym teacher wore grey culottes looked butch came into changing rooms twanging girls bras real bitch.It was years later I realise what she was..It must been sweetie shop from heaven to her.The odd letter came home to parents when complaints made but lesbian perior would been last thing our parents think of even if they did they do nothing we all innocent what going on

Back