High School Memories (RockinRobin)

Bottesini

Old Deaf Ranter
Premium Member
Reaction score
1zg6yw2.jpg

This is RR's high school basketball team at NCSD.

She invites you to share your memories too.

My # is 31...that year (1964), we won the Tournament (girls) for the 1st time ever at NCSD!....Happy memories....

The ones with the star...have passed on...

Last edited:
I wasn't even a twinkle in my Daddy's eye in 1964 lol If you'd like next time I go through Morganton I can snap a pic of the NCSD for you.

I was plank in daddy eye by 64 counting days to leave home..if I knew how to post I put pic up.got one with hockey stick and another with net ball,both I hated.Are you going say which is you rr

I was plank in daddy eye by 64 counting days to leave home..if I knew how to post I put pic up.got one with hockey stick and another with net ball,both I hated.Are you going say which is you rr

#31. last girl on the right....

Interesting uniforms!

By today's standards, I'm guessing Yes they are!...:giggle:...the dress code back in those days was very stringent and strict....Mini=skirts were the rage back then too....but we were not allowed to wear them, everything at knee length, not above...

Oh god yes dress code very strict how school uniform skirt had be 17 inch from ground.If you short girl you lucky tall girl not so lucky.
Navy blue knickers awful things and black gym skirt had 7 pleats had be sharp even worse had make them in needle work to this day net ball and needle work hate not keen on hockey either

Notice too...the hair-do's of the girls...all of them except for me brushed their hair back off the forehead....as for me, I had a "cow-lick" so I opted for bangs....still wear my hair that way to this day. :roll:

By today's standards, I'm guessing Yes they are!...:giggle:...the dress code back in those days was very stringent and strict....Mini=skirts were the rage back then too....but we were not allowed to wear them, everything at knee length, not above...
Same here. Girls couldn't wear slacks, and no one could wear jeans or shorts. No t-shirts allowed for anyone. I attended four different public high schools on both coasts, and I had gym uniforms for each of them. In two schools we wore blouses and shorts, and in two others we wore one-piece snap-up-the-front uniforms, bermuda shorts length. Lovely. :giggle:

Notice too...the hair-do's of the girls...all of them except for me brushed their hair back off the forehead....as for me, I had a "cow-lick" so I opted for bangs....still wear my hair that way to this day. :roll:
I can relate. Most of the girls at my schools wore their hair parted on the side or middle. I had a low widow's peak so I always wore bangs.

When I could get away with it it be back combed and lacquered but they made us plat or pony tail God forbid we dyed it we be sent home.

When I could get away with it it be back combed and lacquered but they made us plat or pony tail God forbid we dyed it we be sent home.

LOL...I was a hell-raiser in school, Caz...dyed my hair Green...:lol:...and got caught smoking in the Girl Scout room with a friend named Shirley,,,(it was her idea!)....We didn't even know how to inhale....:giggle:...but wasn't sent home...was "campused" for more than a month and had to buff the halls and clean the bathrooms...

The rules were so strict...just had a hard time obeying them...as at home during the summer, things were much different, even wore mini-skirts...

RR...you were HOT!!!! HAHA

My yearbooks are somewhere in my house but no clue where. I was on the swimming, diving, softball and volleyball teams. By the time I was in high school there was really no dress code that I can remember. P.E. uniforms were super ugly. Burgundy with a white stripe, step into and snap at the shoulders. I guess they were practical for gymnastics though.

I want to hear what you gals wore for swimming in P.E.? We had black one piece swimsuits issued by the school. When you came out from the pool, you stripped down and they handed you a little tiny towel. BUT...OMG...hubby just told me they had to swim naked his freshmen and sophomore year. Junior, senior year the school finally got bathing suits. WOW times have changed. Can you imagine schools doing that now. My kids would have died.

Back