Hi there,

base_speed

Reaction score
Hi alldeaf.com,
I found alldeaf.com from Google Search and decided to be a part of it. I'm male HOH, 20 years old, from Pakistan with profound hearing loss in both ears. I was born normal but then during my primary school I had a head injury and started losing my hearing. Now, the hearing loss is at profound level. I'm studying Electrical Engineering in a university for normal people with normal students. :)

I hope to find some good friends here at alldeaf.com

Thanks

:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum. Are you sign language user? I hope you have sign language interpreter at the University. You need to know what is going on in the hearing classes at the University. :fingersx:

I hope you enjoy reading and posting here. See you around here. :wave:

You did bring Paki food for all of us, right? :)

I'm sorry, English is not my first language so I am unable to clearly understand your reply :)
:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum. Are you sign language user? I hope you have sign language interpreter at the University. You need to know what is going on in the hearing classes at the University. :fingersx:

No, I don't know any sign language. I've not even tried to learn it. There is not even any interpreter in my university. I always take help from my fellow students to learn about what is going on in the class. To understand the study material I study books. Actually, I'm a little brilliant student so I can study from books only without the help of an instructor. :)

Hi alldeaf.com,
I found alldeaf.com from Google Search and decided to be a part of it. I'm male HOH, 20 years old, from Pakistan with profound hearing loss in both ears. I was born normal but then during my primary school I had a head injury and started losing my hearing. Now, the hearing loss is at profound level. I'm studying Electrical Engineering in a university for normal people with normal students. :)

Thanks
WHAAAAAAT? Do you mean normal people are hearing but deaf people are not normal?

Deaf people ARE normal. Unbelievable! Unless I misunderstood.

English is not his first language, and really the vast majority of the world is drowned in audism as a very deep to the bone philosophy. i wouldn't doubt audism is alive and vibrant in places such as pakistan.
that said
welcome.
the quicker you ditch the "normal" from your vocab the better.
-Hoichi the earless

Hi alldeaf.com,

Thanks

You have never heard of Paki food which London asked you? Weird.

Hoichi might be right what you are doing on your thread that you are not having profound hearing loss if you said "normal" in a hearing class. You were normal and probably remain as normal. Being in Deaf community, we are normal meaning we are not hearing but feeling better and natural as d/Deaf people.

friends

im still learning sign language
im looking for a friend in the deaf world

Food from Pakistan!

You have food for us, right? :)

I like food from Pakistan and India.

Here it goes,

For Dinner: :)
Balochi Chicken Sajji (a native dish of Baluchistan Province of Pakistan), a grilled delight with mild spices, served with Afghani Palao,
eShop-72_I16KQ7X10_dp.jpg

For Lunch: :)
Chicken Karahi
timthumb.php

For Breakfast: :)
Halwa Poori
halwa_puri3.jpg

WHAAAAAAT? Do you mean normal people are hearing but deaf people are not normal?

Deaf people ARE normal. Unbelievable! Unless I misunderstood.

By "normal" I meant "normal hearing" so by normal people I meant "people without any hearing loss." Hope that clarifies :)

Off course, deaf people are normal like hearing people. :)

English is not his first language, and really the vast majority of the world is drowned in audism as a very deep to the bone philosophy. i wouldn't doubt audism is alive and vibrant in places such as pakistan.
that said
welcome.
the quicker you ditch the "normal" from your vocab the better.
-Hoichi the earless

Audism? I had never read this word until today :) I believe people here do not practice audism in their daily life.

By "normal" I meant "normal hearing" so by normal people I meant "people without any hearing loss." Hope that clarifies :)

Off course, deaf people are normal like hearing people. :)
To be honest, when you say that, it can also mean that abnormal people are people with a hearing loss. Hope you get it.

BTW, welcome to AD.

Last edited:
The food pictures make me hungry. :drool:

Back