Hi, new here, possibly hard of hearing

Newandconfused

Reaction score
hi everybody, I,m here because family have noticed I'm not hearing as well and I want to ask for advise. I'm 19 years old and live in the Uk.

I enjoy drawing, watching superhero, sci fi and Harry Potter films and I like swimming, going to the gym and playing sims.

I've tested my hearing online just for curiousity as my step mum told me she thinks I need t see an audiologist, it seemed a bit odd since the higher frequencies are not really effected but if somebody turns around and tried to speak to me from either a distance or with their back turned I have a little trouble understanding their speech. On The chart that pointed out my hearing, the points looked jagged for some reason and I cannot think why it came out like that! I'm proberly the most wierdest hoh person there is! Btw, it seems to be around 40-50 Herz of something or decibels when i looked on my chart, i went past mild that was for sure but then again, what do I know?!

Sorry for rambling!

Forget about what your step mom says, go see the audiologist, then you will know for sure.

Audiologist. Online testings are only guessing games really and not fully accurate. But sounds like you might either have hearing loss... or simply too much wax in ears.

hi everybody, I,m here because family have noticed I'm not hearing as well and I want to ask for advise. I'm 19 years old and live in the Uk.

I enjoy drawing, watching superhero, sci fi and Harry Potter films and I like swimming, going to the gym and playing sims.

I've tested my hearing online just for curiousity as my step mum told me she thinks I need t see an audiologist, it seemed a bit odd since the higher frequencies are not really effected but if somebody turns around and tried to speak to me from either a distance or with their back turned I have a little trouble understanding their speech. On The chart that pointed out my hearing, the points looked jagged for some reason and I cannot think why it came out like that! I'm proberly the most wierdest hoh person there is! Btw, it seems to be around 40-50 Herz of something or decibels when i looked on my chart, i went past mild that was for sure but then again, what do I know?!

Sorry for rambling!
Definitely se an audiologist. Also research APD- audio processing disorder. Not all audiologists will help with that, should it be part of your problem. Good luck. You will find your problems turn out to be well known and common.

ADP is a very common problem that is often over looked, it took my ENT and audie 18 year to think of it as a possible problem. Anyways Welcome :D

Online hearing tests rely on speakers/headphones that generally don't produce a wide range of tones at the same level. Ear buds are the worst. They generally start dropping off fast as the tones get lower. Get tested then you'll know.

Hi, I'm 19 and from the uk also! you should seen an audiologist as it could be an other problem other than a hearing loss such as a build up of wax! Of course you may have a slight loss and if you leave it you can really do some damage to your ears, I know from experience !:)

Back