Hi, my name is Shrey. I'm not deaf but I am working on creating an app for deaf people. Would love some help.

Shrey

Reaction score
I wanted to make an app that could help deaf people enjoy music. From what I have read on the internet, I figured that totally deaf people feel the vibrations on the speakers and enjoy the beat of the song.
So the idea behind the app is to convert typical phone vibrations into musical beats. I would love to discuss the idea here. It may be absolutely bad but feel free to tell what you would like it to do/be like.

Eh. You will burn down the phone battery in no time with that.

I prefer quiet phones. I acutally have the motor, sounds and everything turned off. It does not possess enough power to make a adquate music unless I added third party amps to the sound output jack. Im actually fearful that if I found a phone strong enough and have the right stuff boosting the music to where i can hear it... it will just combust spontaneously. We have always had that trouble since the cassette Sony Walkman days. That was like 40 years ago.

If you want a App that will make you a billionare, find a way to convert spoken speech that the phone can hear into text in real time. And if possible reverse the process and have a deafie type into it while it speaks a language that can be understood by whomever is present.

It may have been invented already, but I am not much of a smart phone person. My relationship with the darn thing is understanding just how crappy and cheap it really is and what I would need to do to find a replacement phone that absolutely rocks without destroying the bank. A friend of mine bought a fancy phone that was unlocked this year earlier. Put a insurance on it so that they fix break. Well it broke. And told us its 125 dollar deductable.

Threw that phone away for scrap and bought a samsung at 80 dollars outright and then tempered glass and armor covering for it. So you can drop it all the time and never break for about 125. Much better than some 300 dollar overcooked fragile crap that broke. What a loss.

thanks but i wanted to make something related to music at the moment.
Music. Sure you bet.

Another idea would be to pulse the phone screen or have it go through a sequence keeping a beat. The disney Movie Fantasia would be a idea stream.

The more I think about a cell phone screen built by you to music and have it "Party" or pulse with the beats etc of any given song might be a pathway to deaf enjoying it a little better.

Maybe a charing cradle for phone set on it's little legs that dance sort of. Back and forth rocking the tune, buzzing with your idea and flashing with the screen in various degrees of intensity depending on the song being played.

The more I consider what it could do to music just by itself the more I have it grow on me.

Back