Hi, my name is alisha!

Alisha58

Reaction score
Hi!

Just thought I'd introduce myself and see who wants to chat.

I'm a community college student in southern California. I've been deaf/H.o.H. since I was 14 (so about 7 years now). I'm just now, however, beginning to [seriously] learn sign language.

If there is anyone who is also a beginning level signer, I think we'd both benefit from practicing together. So if you're interested, let me know!

Some tidbits about me, while you're deciding whether or not to reply:

* My favorite color is red.
* I love love love reading and one of my favorite books is Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
* I'm majoring in Biology. What specifically I plan to do, I'm not sure. I'd like to be a "behind the scenes" researcher (so I don't have to interact too much)
* Right now I'm watching Jeopardy

Last edited:
I took Biology for 2 years in High School ( a long while back) and I loved it. I got extra credits for dissecting animals and other life forms for the squeamish...lol Starfish are pretty tough to cut up, The piglets are fun as well as the frogs, then you have the worms.. The humans in the basement...nah just kidding But it was fun. Love science as well.

I took Biology for 2 years in High School ( a long while back) and I loved it. I got extra credits for dissecting animals and other life forms for the squeamish...lol Starfish are pretty tough to cut up, The piglets are fun as well as the frogs, then you have the worms.. The humans in the basement...nah just kidding But it was fun. Love science as well.

That's what I did in high school.. took biology class and dissected a frog and rat. It sure was interesting science. :)

Last edited:

That's awesome! I'm taking anatomy next, so I haven't done any cutting up yet. I'm not quite sure how I'll handle it yet. Tips are always welcome :)

Science is amazing! Technically, I suck at it. But my interest in it is strong enough for me to want to enter the field.

Welcome:)
I am also going into the biology, but I picked microbiology. I took human anatomy in high school and got to look at a pig and a cat. It is so much fun.

Hey there I'm a beginner as well. I would love to practice! Do you have glide or skype?

Hey there I'm a beginner as well. I would love to practice! Do you have glide or skype?

I have Skype! However I'm thinking about download Glide soon. But if you would like to practice, we'll have to use Skype for now :)

Back