Hi I'm Ari and Im new:)

Arithejinx

Reaction score
I am profoundly deaf in one ear and HOH in the other, I just recently got hearing aids. I have been HOH all my life but my family never taught me to sign and often ignored my hearing loss. It wasn't until this year (I'm 25 now) did I decided to try to learn sign and try and be more involved in the deaf community. However, I'm absolutely lost and don't even know where to begin. so if you have any advice or just want to talk and/or be friends, feel free to do so!

Hi. My name is Natalie. I have a 30% hearing loss. My left ear is my weaker ear. I have a hearing aid, but it doesn't work. I learned about my hearing loss in my early 30s. I learned ASL in high school. If you are interested I could teach you. As a matter of fact I teach ASL at my job. I'm sorry that you had the life that you had. It's sad. I've heard stories that the child was borne deaf, and one parent wanted the child to get a cochlear implant, and the other didn't want that, and that caused a rift in the family. If you want you can find me on Facebook.

I am profoundly deaf in one ear and HOH in the other, I just recently got hearing aids. I have been HOH all my life but my family never taught me to sign and often ignored my hearing loss. It wasn't until this year (I'm 25 now) did I decided to try to learn sign and try and be more involved in the deaf community. However, I'm absolutely lost and don't even know where to begin. so if you have any advice or just want to talk and/or be friends, feel free to do so!
Any local schools teach? I went to my local college and took classes; that's how I started.

Any local schools teach? I went to my local college and took classes; that's how I started.
yes and no. There is a school for the deaf and blind local to me but it's for high school-aged folks. I'm currently in college so that and the other local college were the first places I checked.

yes and no. There is a school for the deaf and blind local to me but it's for high school-aged folks. I'm currently in college so that and the other local college were the first places I checked.
Many Deaf schools offer community classes in the evenings. You may want to see if that school offers that.

Many Deaf schools offer community classes in the evenings. You may want to see if that school offers that.
I have and they do but the times they have classes is when I have other courses or I cant attend because its after I pick my son up from school

Hi Ari! I'm new to the community (hearing)! It's nice to meet you <3 I'm trying to learn ASL slowly but I also need help! People on here are super helpful and willing to teach:)

Back