Hi I'm Aiste!

Auri.625

Reaction score
Hey Guys!

This is so exciting it's my first post on alldeaf ever! :P
Well to tell you more about myself... I am currently a a college undergrad going to be a Sophomore this coming Fall, studying Journalism. I live in Wisconsin but go to school in Florida, but I was born in Lithuania... Confusing you yet? lol I hope to transfer to Columbia Chicago since they have an amazing communications department, and who doesn't want to live right in the heart of Chi town?! I also have a 60 percent hearing loss according to my last hearing exam. I have had hearing aids since I was about seven years old and as of right now wear the "Siemens-Pure" brand, and I absolutely love them! I have never learned sign language but wish I had!!! I really want to learn it and be able to use it with other people. However, since I don't know too many deaf, HOH, or hearing people that use it, it can be hard accomplishing that goal! I am thinking of taking up some ASL courses this coming Fall though, I'm really excited! I definitely want to get to know everyone on here, this is such an awesome community of people!

If you have any other questions feel free to ask! :)

-Aiste

Hello, Auri.625!

Sounds like you have a lot going on for you, and welcome to the community. There are some Chi-towners around here.

RE: learning sign language, have you looked into your local college for ASL 101 or anything like that? Knock two birds with one stone.

Hello and welcome aboard, Aiste! :wave:

welcome to AD, I grew up with Siemens from 6 months old up to 4th grade! (Siemens was my 1st hearing aids)

Or attend Gally or NTID instead? Trust me the diffy between taking a couple of ASL courses and going to Gally/NTID is like the diffy between taking French or Spanish at an English speaking school, va attending a Spanish language or French language school.

Thanks guys! Geeze, I haven't logged on in forever!

How is everyone doing?

Nice to see "local" people. I am not that far from Columbia. I am right by Chicago. The best luck. Hope you enjoy it.

Thank you! I actually completely changed my mind and decided to go to school at Ball State University in Muncie, IN :)

Hey Guys!

This is so exciting it's my first post on alldeaf ever! :P
Well to tell you more about myself... I am currently a a college undergrad going to be a Sophomore this coming Fall, studying Journalism. I live in Wisconsin but go to school in Florida, but I was born in Lithuania... Confusing you yet? lol I hope to transfer to Columbia Chicago since they have an amazing communications department, and who doesn't want to live right in the heart of Chi town?! I also have a 60 percent hearing loss according to my last hearing exam. I have had hearing aids since I was about seven years old and as of right now wear the "Siemens-Pure" brand, and I absolutely love them! I have never learned sign language but wish I had!!! I really want to learn it and be able to use it with other people. However, since I don't know too many deaf, HOH, or hearing people that use it, it can be hard accomplishing that goal! I am thinking of taking up some ASL courses this coming Fall though, I'm really excited! I definitely want to get to know everyone on here, this is such an awesome community of people!

If you have any other questions feel free to ask! :)

-Aiste

Why do thing this would be confusing about where you where born and live and go to school??

Hi, nice to meet you Aiste:) Journalism sounds fun! I am also going to college, and am working towards an MA in English, so kind of similar. I love to write, although I have never written in the genre of journalism. I mostly write critical analysis of Literature. Its very fun! I am also hoh. I have been learning ASL for a few years because my hearing keeps getting worse, and I want to make sure I have that skill in my pocket for the future. Plus it is helping me make friends with other people who are hoh or Deaf; it also totally beats using an RTC (I think some people call this CART) in classes. I would totally encourage you to learn it!

Hi everyone I am new to all deaf. I have 4 nephews. 2 that can hear and 2 that are deaf. Weird huh ? Lol. Anyways along time ago our whole family took some asl classes to learn sign language. Since then I have forgotten most of it and I am wanting to learn more and maybe become a asl interpreter someday. Please feel free to add me as friend on here or message me. Thanks !

Back