Hi! I'm a newbie too!

AuslanGirl

Reaction score
Umm...hi there!

I'm AuslanGirl...I'm a Deaf/oral chick from Melbourne in Victoria, Australia. I'm happily married to a hearing man, and we have 5 kids. The oldest is nearly 20, and our youngest is nearly 10. We have 4 boys and a girl. I'm the only one who can sign fluently though.

My husband and I are both Born-again Christians, and go to a great church called Enjoy church over in North Sunshine in Victoria. We have 2 other Deaf girls there, and I interpret for them because I'm the only one who knows how to sign fluently in Auslan. I make a lot of mistakes, but the girls are very patient and help me heaps.

I love making new friends-both in the hearing world and in the Deaf world, although sometimes I feel like I wish I was either Deaf OR hearing, because I feel kind of caught in the middle and not belonging to either...

I also love our pets. We have a German Shepherd female dog named Kuma who believes she is a little Chihuahua, so she is terrified of big dogs!, a Staffy x Rhodesian ridgeback named Momo, and a Chihuahua x Pomeranian named Cujo who has the heart of a lion and LOVES to take on big dogs! We also have cats and kittens!

I hope to make some new friends here...

God bless!

AuslanGirl :wub:

Thanks for the welcome....are the any other Deaf Australians here as well? Seems like there are mainly Americans and English from what I've seen. LOL!! All good! I only know the alphabet in ASL...I'd like to learn ASL one day....I'm still getting cramps whnever I do the ASL alphabet! LOL!

Thanks for the welcome....are the any other Deaf Australians here as well? Seems like there are mainly Americans and English from what I've seen. LOL!! All good! I only know the alphabet in ASL...I'd like to learn ASL one day....I'm still getting cramps whnever I do the ASL alphabet! LOL!

you interesting about to learn how asl :) Hope be question to me general!

I am good ASL awesome help you!! :D

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Welcome to AllDeaf! :)

There is other Australian ADers members in here. :)

Welcome to Alldeaf! I'm an aussie too and am from the west. I hope you will enjoy this forum and makes new friends. Cheers! :)

Ha ha! Nice to see some Aussie Deaf here! I'm slowly getting to know this place...takes a bit of time though, doesn't it? I just want to know, how do I ask the moderators about being able to post in a different section of this place? I had a look at it, and it said I can't post or reply, so I was wondering how to go about for get permission to post there.

Hugs to all!

AuslanGirl :)

Hi Yes, I am in Perth and learning Auslan, I have done one course and am hoping to go to the local deaf club here next week.

I agree it is easy to get swamped by ASL here, lucky if you know it :)

Back