Hi I am Phillip and a hearing person

Tesla6518

Reaction score
Let me introduce myself I am 72 years old, live in the UK a retired electronics engineer and am acting as a researcher for my wife who is reading for her PhD Law.

My wife has always carried a flag for the underdog and when with a local government department employed a pre-lingually deaf person to train as a Trading Standards Officer. This went well despite the objections of 90% of the council. Unfortunately before she could complete the training my wife had to leave due to racism.
After researching she found out how badly the deaf community suffered at the hands of the legal system and so decided to do the PhD.
It was because of the research that I have ended up here. She has been at this for the past 5 years and we have found out how badly the deaf are treated and how the legal system and the government disregard the laws, regulations and recommendation put in place to protect you.
What I would like, if anybody has had a bad experience with the police, courts, prison or dealings with officials in any way, such as being denied an interpreter at court
get in touch. We are mainly interested in the UK, but would be interested to hear from anyone in any country. Thank You

Back