Hi i am 27 years old and have moderate to severe hearing loss in left ear and

Jar27

Reaction score
I have a moderate hearing loss in my right ear and moderate to severe loss in my left ear and use hearing aids

I am 27 years old and a girl.

I also have autism,adhd,asthma,hard of hearing, cerebral palsy. A ent tried to put tubes in my ears and i said no i already had tubes put in from a baby to 16 years old. this willl not help me and he will not listen to me. I am tired of not being listened to.

Dr. Abideen O Yekinni, MD
Otolaryngologist Head & NeckAbideen O Yekinni MD3351 N Meridian St Ste 100
Indianapolis, IN 46208-4674
(317) 926-9117

that Ent doesn't listen and he is one that shouldn't be in ent

I went to IU hospital for to medical cleared for a set of hearing aids and he won't clear me and i was born with my hearing loss. What should i go to get my second opinion and i live close to St. Francis hospital indianapolis .

I am in indianapolis,IN

They must take medicaid.

I have tried everything i can and don't know what to do and i am new to this place and hello to everyone , i am going to check into a cochlear implant on left side for my hearing loss. I have more hearing loss in my left ear.

:wave: Hello and welcome aboard. Feel sure some members can steer you into the right direction.

welcome to AD, I have moderate-severe here but it looks like a severe loss in my audio report! :)

A good idea might be to go to the School for the Deaf for audi services ....I just checked and they don't offer audi services to the greater community. you may want to look into any developmental delay agencies for help with appointments etc.

Honestly - I'd recommend that you get a consult with an Audiologist, not your ENT.

Many places you don't need a doctor to refer you to an Audiologist, you can just go on your own - especially if you already have hearing aids.

You are an adult - if you aren't being respected as one by this ENT, then you need to do two things.

First: Schedule a meeting to talk to the ENT about the idea of tubes (you may want to ask a friend or family member to come with you strictly to observe but not speak unless you ask them to). At the meeting calmly, but confidently state that as an adult you have a right to direct your own medical care, and be respected by your medical team 0 you currently do not feel that you are being given the respect you are entitled to and that this needs to be solved immediately. If the ENT is unwilling to treat you with the respect appropriate to an adult, then you need to find a way to be transferred to a different ENT

Second: State that you want a second opinion from another ENT (if there's ans ENT who's also an AuD. that would be fantastic) - you have the right to a second opinion, espeically if you feel that this ENT isn't listening to you and treating you improperly. that you need to speak to another ENT for a second opinion on tubes - because having had them for a very extended time, you strongly feel that they will not benefit you and may well do more harm than good.

Regardless of what happens with the ENT, you really need to make an appointment with an Audiologist - at least for a consult ... they'll have a different perspective and will hopefully be more helpful.

I'm a bit curious though - you had tubes for a number of years (me too), so you must have had fluid buildup/improper drainage etc ... did that resolve after you were 16? What is the specific reason that the ENT is suggesting another round of tubes (and for how long?) ... if you don't want to share that's (of course) fine - but we might be able to help more if we have some more info.

(BTW - I know you're mad, but I'd really suggest pulling the Name and Address of the ENT off your post... posting it will do more harm (to you) than good - posts here are able to be found on google, which means your ENT etc could read this, and you could end up in a worse situation)

Back