Hi, from Louisiana, looking at move to Texas

Shantyel

Reaction score
:wave: Hi, I am new here! Living in Louisiana now and considering a move to Texas..possibly outside the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Where do you folks like to live? Socialize? Best/worst areas for traffic? Doctors who are familiar with deaf patients? Nursing home that is familiar with deaf residents? Hubby and I have jobs with Target and the library so those would be important too.. ANYTHING at all you can offer to give us info will be very appreciated!

Have a great weekend!:D

I've read their economy is dooing pretty good and they love guns. What else could you ask for :lol:

Texas? Austin is the Deaf Mecca there.

Tell me about Austin's deaf community. I wanted to hear about it out of deaf people's hands(mouths), rather than rely on Austin's Deaf Club website, or google search results. I dont know if they are really active or factual. Deaf411 report "Deaf Friendly Cities" may not be accurate.

I would like to know kind of activities, and clubs is available on regular basis in Austin's deaf community, and likewise accessible services (medical, counseling, realtor, etc..)?

I wanted to relocate to larger deaf community and so I haven't decides where..hence the questions :)

I've read their economy is dooing pretty good and they love guns. What else could you ask for :lol:

Do you know if there deaf gun/pistol shooting club in Austin or its surrounding area? I wanted to get back into pistol/riflel shooting, and try shooting competition. :rifle: :)

Couldn't say about deaf gun club. Not from around there but it would be high on my list of states to move to if i ever wanted to leave where i am. Don't know about the heat though.

Texas has best economy in country .. yes its hot but thats why we have AC

I don't know. I think some place that uses sled dogs is more my style.

well, it's great hearing from you friendly and funny people, still hoping to hear from someone who is familiar with the Dallas or Fort Worth area...:fingersx:

love Dallas! friendly folks. met some deaf friends there. I will have absolutely no problem fitting in if I have to move out to Texas.

Back