Hi from California!

rockinlife

Reaction score
Hi my name is Lexi, I am currently attending college as a mechanical engineering major, and I am hard of hearing. I can't hear out of my left ear, right's not great either... my mom is hearing, but my little sister is almost completely deaf. My sister isn't the first family member that's deaf, so I'm more comfortable signing. I am so excited to meet new people!
thanks!,

-lexi

Welcome, nice to see another California member. Do you live in Sourthern CA or Northern CA? I've lived in California my whole life, love it here.

Welcome, nice to see another California member. Do you live in Sourthern CA or Northern CA? I've lived in California my whole life, love it here.

I live in San Luis Obispo, so more northern California, but still on the central coast.

Hi! How are you doing with all the flooding and rain storms happening in California ? Are you any where here this , hpoe not.

:wave:
I always liked this one:
[FONT=Arial, geneva]To the optimist, the glass is half full.
To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.
To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.[/FONT]

:wave:
I always liked this one:
[FONT=Arial, geneva]To the optimist, the glass is half full.
To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.
To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.[/FONT]

yeah! I've seen that one! it's the best, that's how I feel all the time. @whatdidyousay! nope, not near the flooding, but it is really raining out here, we needed it though!

You're from SLO? I know several deaf people live there. Morro Bay is beautiful and great surfing spot. Been surf there in heavy fog once. SLO/Morro Bay is a great place to escape from the city life, ha!

Welcome to AllDeaf!

You're from SLO? I know several deaf people live there. Morro Bay is beautiful and great surfing spot. Been surf there in heavy fog once. SLO/Morro Bay is a great place to escape from the city life, ha!

Welcome to AllDeaf!

I agree, Morro Bay is a great place to visit. Fun place to fly kites too. Years ago we would take motorcycle trips down there. It can definitely get foggy and cold there.

About 10+ years ago we took a car trip and stopped at many beaches all the way down to Southern CA. Santa Cruz, Carmel, Monterey, Santa Barbara, Morro Bay, ended up in San Diego. I also like taking a drive down Highway 1 along the coast. Incredibly beautiful areas to visit. I definitely want to do that trip again. Busy this summer so maybe the summer after. There are many beautiful places in California I've never seen and I've lived here my whole life. I keep adding places to visit to my bucket list.

Cool. Welcome. My sister and nieces live in Morro Bay. My grandparents once owned a general store there, too. You said you are a mechanical engineering student. I'm assuming you attend Cal Poly? Cal Poly has one of the best engineering programs in the nation.

Cool. Welcome. My sister and nieces live in Morro Bay. My grandparents once owned a general store there, too. You said you are a mechanical engineering student. I'm assuming you attend Cal Poly? Cal Poly has one of the best engineering programs in the nation.

I do attend cal Poly. This quarter was definitely not one of my best at all, but I'll just pick it back up next quarter.
@silverroxy weather's pretty rainy out here, no big floods but definitely wet ha. :cold:

I've only been to San Diego, never had a chance to go through CA. Is it any nicer more north?

I've only been to San Diego, never had a chance to go through CA. Is it any nicer more north?

hi! nicer? I'm not sure, I'm California native so I love it any way. Northern California has spots way quieter then So. CAL. I love skiing and everything and I grew up in the snow, so that's something I miss on the central coast.Definitely old, cute towns more north, San Luis Obispo being one of them.

I guess I'll have to road trip it out later! Havn't even gone to LA yet. Maybe I can finally go on my skiing trip I never got to go on!

I do attend cal Poly. This quarter was definitely not one of my best at all, but I'll just pick it back up next quarter.
@silverroxy weather's pretty rainy out here, no big floods but definitely wet ha. :cold:

My sister attended Cuesta Comminuty college and Cal Poly long time ago. Now her oldest daughter goes to Cuesta. She cant go to Cal Poly because it doesn't have the program she wants. She has to make a difficult decision to pick either SDSU, or UCSB to major in physical therapy. :/

I heard about wild weather there, but California surely needs water. Be careful about driving up here. It is very slippery. Sorry about your quarter not going well. Hope it will work out next quarter.

Back