Hi everyone

SilkJunkie

Reaction score
Hi. I’m new to this site. I’m profound deaf and wear two hearing aids. I’m trying to learn sign. Im hoping to chat with other deaf people. It would be nice to meet some friends here. It’s a struggle to meet new friends.

Greetings from old analog welcome aboard tell us a story. You can find mine here some where, me not good with this sight, in short hoh till around 55 then sick bad, sense then hearing going down , now server:welcome:

Greetings from old analog welcome aboard tell us a story. You can find mine here some where, me not good with this sight, in short hoh till around 55 then sick bad, sense then hearing going down , now server:welcome:
Hi. Thank you. I just found this site yesterday. I’m sorry to hear that your hearing is going down. . I lost my hearing from loud noises at different work situations.

Hi. I’m new to this site. I’m profound deaf and wear two hearing aids. I’m trying to learn sign. Im hoping to chat with other deaf people. It would be nice to meet some friends here. It’s a struggle to meet new friends.
Where do you live? Fl?

hi @SilkJunkie and welcome! The struggle for meeting new friends is real but I think you came to a great place. I have met quite a few friends from here since becoming profoundly deaf March of last year due to injury. I hope you can connect with some great folks on here, as, in my opinion, seems to be a safe space to converse, share experiences, share resources and such :)

How do you like Sign Language so far? I am still learning too but I have falled in love with it :)

Have a lovely week!
-Bex

Back