Hi everyone! I am Mark, Deaf Roller Rink Historian.

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am Mark. You can call me Marco but real name is Mark. I am Deaf Roller Rink Historian with Dead-Rinks, a very popular e-museum on former roller skating rinks. I am based in Central NY.

I make 2 to 3 profiles a day on former rinks which can be 2 to 5 rinks. Sometimes a profile would have more than 1 rink name if it was changed because of a previous operator of the rink sold to a new operator. I have logged in over 3350 roller rinks since December 2018.

I roller skate since I was 13. Now I am in my upper 50s. Still skating!

I am here to make friends with any other Deaf, HOH, or even Hearing skaters, operators, whoever in the roller skating world and if you have been to any rinks, we can talk about those rinks. ONLY with rinks that are closed, defunct, out of business. Not active ones although old names are welcomed because of new operators change name(s).

Oh one more thing, you see the picture on the left side? And the banner on my profile here? Both were taken in 1959 at the former Sports-O-Rama Plaza where Sports-O-Rama roller rink was at. It was at Mattydale, NY.

Back