Hi all, I am new

Trudy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I would just like to introduce myself.

I am Trudy and 29 years old, I myself am hearing, the reason I came to this forum is because my husband has hearing problems (deaf on one side, hard of hearing on the other)
Although we have a very fun and satisfying life sometimes this gets in the way. I hope to get some tips from others here and hope to have a fun and learning time here.

best

Trudy

Welcome Trudy; Does your husband use a hearing aid on one side? Anyway, lots of things can help. I have used an aid for over 50 years now and a few months ago was implanted with a CI and wow, what a difference and improvement that made. Still have hearing aid on left side but looks like that may get a CI first part of next year as well. I'm sure you have hopefully gone to a reputable audiologist and if not see if you can find one in your area. Get checked out and maybe he will qualify for CI and if so then it is a decision or food for thought for the two of you. Results vary for different individuals but I do think over all percentage for good improvement is high. Regardless, lots of good information around here and I'm sure you will get many different opinions. Sift through it and absorb what fits for you. Good luck.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Welcome Trudy...I am deaf and married to a hearing guy. We really dont have issues with my deafness. It is probably because he is fluent in American Sign Language and I have good speech skills so we accodomate each other.

Hope you enjoy it here.

Hi Trudy! It may feel that his situation of being hard of hearing may get in the way but view this challenge, if you want to call it this way, as a chance to grow you yourself as a person and a way to make your relationship interesting. If you two love each other, that will be stronger than anything else. If you both make it work, I think you will find your relationship with him to be very enriching in many levels.

Welcome, I am very pleased to meet you ~ hope you happy every day!

I am Trudy and 29 years old, I myself am hearing, the reason I came to this forum is because my husband has hearing problems (deaf on one side, hard of hearing on the other)
Although we have a very fun and satisfying life sometimes this gets in the way. I hope to get some tips from others here and hope to have a fun and learning time here.

Wow, what a great wife, make sure your hubby signs up too, there's help for you both here. Welcome btw :lol:

Back