Heyyy! [= welcome to my story.

ItsK3115

Reaction score
Hallo everyone, I'm so ecstatic that I joined this site!! :giggle: My name is Kelly, and I live in South Carolina! I use Advanced Bionics, and I was born profoundly deaf, so I use a Cochlear Implant to hear, which I got the surgery for at the age of 3, so I'm very lucky with the timing! [=
I'm 16, and I'm a junior in my high-school. I used to play Volleyball, but now I skateboard and draw in my spare time more than anything.
I hope I can get used to this site, since there's only 2 other people here in my town that are deaf as well. :dunno: Maybe i'll find someone else who has a cochlear implant too! Fingers crossed!
:fingersx:

[/COLOR]

The light blue type was a little hard for me to read. I wanted to say welcome and good luck on this site. I am in the decision process about getting a CI. I am late deafend and pretty afraid to have another surgery. I will find out tomorrow if I am a candidate and will go from there. Wish you all the best.

Ahhh. I changed it. It was really radio-actively bright. >.<
Out of curiosity, do you already have hearing aids, or do you sign?
Wish you the best with the results! :dance2:

Welcome ItsK3115. Several teenagers here have CI, so you should find friends. Baseballboy and CoolGirlSpyer come to mind. :wave:

Ahhh. I changed it. It was really radio-actively bright. >.<
Out of curiosity, do you already have hearing aids, or do you sign?
Wish you the best with the results! :dance2:

I can not wear HA because I have no hearing remaining. Since this was a traumatic hearing loss I was not prepared with knowing ASL. I have learned some ASL but my main communication is pen and paper. Thank you for asking. Once again welcome and good luck:wave:

Oooooooo...... My favorite type of poster! It's AWESOME you sign....are you mainstreamed? There's a lot of stuff out there for you!
South Carolina School for the Deaf and the Blind
and Model Secondary School for the Deaf: Model Secondary School for the Deaf
There's also tons of summer camps for dhh teens: Summer Camps for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children and Teens
If you have the opperunity to attend a deaf school or a deaf camp....TAKE IT! It is SO worth it, and blows the mainstream out of the water!

I hope I can get used to this site, since there's only 2 other people here in my town that are deaf as well. :dunno: Maybe i'll find someone else who has a cochlear implant too! Fingers crossed!

[/COLOR]

At least you have two other folks in your town. But yeah....contact the SCSDB and see if there's anything local!

how did you find it here?

also, you used to play volleyball, what was your favorite postion? why no longer playing volleyball? so you like skateboard, so you hang out with other skateboarders? what they and you do on skateboard all day just curious

I found this site b/c my special education teacher told me about it....
she rocks! xD

Yeah, I don't play Volleyball anymore. I had drama with my team, and they didn't like me too much, for some reason. =[ I was a Setter, which was fun, but I LOVED being a Labaro! I love digging for passes!

Yeah, I have alot of guy friends, but not too many gal friends. :/ They're less catty, you know? I love skateboarding, and I try to skate every day after school. [= Do you skate..? Any sports..?

I found this site b/c my special education teacher told me about it....
she rocks! xD

Yeah, I don't play Volleyball anymore. I had drama with my team, and they didn't like me too much, for some reason. =[ I was a Setter, which was fun, but I LOVED being a Labaro! I love digging for passes!

Yeah, I have alot of guy friends, but not too many gal friends. :/ They're less catty, you know? I love skateboarding, and I try to skate every day after school. [= Do you skate..? Any sports..?

Awesome, glad the special education teacher told you about it. So you would learn so much each of us ..

Oh I used to play volleyball back in my time, but i was such a short girl so i was MB libero. My friends who were in front of nets are tall than I am and they liked it when i gave the ball to them so they can hit and kill them. LOL During my gallaudet year, I was a volleyball team manager for '92. it was awesome.
I don't do skateboard and im too old for it. LOL.

by the way welcome to AD. :)

Welcome to AllDeaf Wonderland! I used to wear a old fancy CI but not anymore because it is broken. I already planning to get new updated CI. My name is Joey Kadera. You go to J L Mann?

Hallo everyone, I'm so ecstatic that I joined this site!! :giggle: My name is Kelly, and I live in South Carolina! I use Advanced Bionics, and I was born profoundly deaf, so I use a Cochlear Implant to hear, which I got the surgery for at the age of 3, so I'm very lucky with the timing! [=
I'm 16, and I'm a junior in my high-school. I used to play Volleyball, but now I skateboard and draw in my spare time more than anything.

[/COLOR]

I do play skateboard. I am an artist since I grew up. I hope I would know about yourself a little. XD Do you love playing video game, too?

Back