Hey!

Freya C

Reaction score
My name is Freya, and I am 15 years old. I am interested in learning BSL! It recently struck me that I cannot remember reading any books written by HoH authors, which led me to realise how undereducated I am on the subject. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations as to how I should proceed in informing myself without causing accidental harm or offence within the community! I feel that starting to educate myself of different cultures at this age will help me to become a better and more accepting person as an adult.
So, does anyone have any advice on learning about culture, BSL or book recommendations? Or maybe just any introductions
Thank you ^^

Freya
My name is Freya, and I am 15 years old. I am interested in learning BSL! It recently struck me that I cannot remember reading any books written by HoH authors, which led me to realise how undereducated I am on the subject. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations as to how I should proceed in informing myself without causing accidental harm or offence within the community! I feel that starting to educate myself of different cultures at this age will help me to become a better and more accepting person as an adult.
So, does anyone have any advice on learning about culture, BSL or book recommendations? Or maybe just any introductions
Thank you ^^
Welcome to the platform,Freya c.

I have over two years ago,came across a book titled "Inside Deaf Culture".Authored by two American deaf Professors of Harvard's :Tom Humphries and Carol Paddon.By now, I'm sure it's still out there on Amazon.

Last edited:
Greetings, under Our World Our culture the first thing is a book list, happy reading :welcome: :type:

Back