Hey y'all

Interpretrator

Crime fighter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi. It's been quite a while! I quit my job as an interpreter to begin teaching English in ASL to underprepared deaf college students (also writing all the curriculum), which was the best job I'd ever had. Unfortunately, I've now become disabled by chronic illness, and had to quit teaching and stop working altogether.

My wonderful husband (five years married last month, ten years together next month!) is now working for Blizzard -- for you WoW/Diablo/Starcraft fans -- and we've moved to Orange County. I was thinking of everyone here when I ran across Richard Roehm in the comments on a newspaper story about disability. I really love it where we're living, but the problem is that deaf events here are dominated by the OCDAC! And unfortunately, I no longer have the capacity to drive to events further away and then spend more than 15 minutes there before driving back. Lame! :dizzy:

Anyway, hope everyone's doing well.

Yes, it has been quite a while. Welcome back! :wave:

I'm sorry that you had to quit the teaching job. It sounds like you really enjoyed it, and I know it was a much needed class at the college.

I hope that your health holds up, and that we see more of your posts here. :)

Welcome back and I am sorry that you had to quit your job.

Wirelessly posted

Welcome back! We just had deaf mata expo over the weekend. I am in L.A. doing Zumba haha

I hope you are doing well with your health and beat the odds .

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted

Welcome back! We just had deaf mata expo over the weekend. I am in L.A. doing Zumba haha

You're in LA and did not let us know! :shock:

Wirelessly posted

JMH said:
Wirelessly posted

You're in LA and did not let us know! :shock:

Most members know I am been here for a very long time lol

By seeing your location "Patriots lockerrom" I assumed you live in Massachusetts. :Oops:

Wirelessly posted

JMH said:
By seeing your location "Patriots lockerrom" I assumed you live in Massachusetts. :Oops:

Hahaha it ok

Just wanted to say hi. It's been quite a while! I quit my job as an interpreter to begin teaching English in ASL to underprepared deaf college students (also writing all the curriculum), which was the best job I'd ever had. Unfortunately, I've now become disabled by chronic illness, and had to quit teaching and stop working altogether.

My wonderful husband (five years married last month, ten years together next month!) is now working for Blizzard -- for you WoW/Diablo/Starcraft fans -- and we've moved to Orange County. I was thinking of everyone here when I ran across Richard Roehm in the comments on a newspaper story about disability. I really love it where we're living, but the problem is that deaf events here are dominated by the OCDAC! And unfortunately, I no longer have the capacity to drive to events further away and then spend more than 15 minutes there before driving back. Lame! :dizzy:

Anyway, hope everyone's doing well.

Hey, just curious. Is your avatar from City of Heroes? I used to love that game.

Hey, just curious. Is your avatar from City of Heroes? I used to love that game.

Yup! I actually had a toon called Interpretrator, and that was her. Sadly, as of yesterday, City of Heroes is gone.

Back