Hey Hey Hey!

Ann H.

Reaction score
Hello everybody! My name is Ann and I am a hearing student new to learning ASL and even newer to learning about the deaf community so I look forward to meeting new hearing and deaf people to help me along this new journey. :wave:

Hi, I am hoh and pretty new to all of it also. The little I know is be respectful and sensitive on the approach. There is a place here somewhere for asl students also, I do not remember exactly where though. I am trying to learn myself.
What is your major?

Hi, I am hoh and pretty new to all of it also. The little I know is be respectful and sensitive on the approach. There is a place here somewhere for asl students also, I do not remember exactly where though. I am trying to learn myself.
What is your major?

My major is Nursing

Yup, as someone already said... just watch how you word things... While I personally am nearly impossible to offend, there are a lot who can be a little sensitive. Don't get me wrong, I've had some questions posed incorrectly that come out as condescending towards the deaf community that can get me pretty fired up, but it's all in wording. =)

Good to see a medical person getting ASL training, it comes in handy and definitely can get you more in the pay department as they don't have to hire a terp. =) I'm in medical myself, and it's always nice to be called to a scene or a room for a deaf person... it makes it seem more casual rather than a terp who is there and most of them here are super terrible... lol! =)

WELCOME by the way, and yes there is a thread or ASL students to practice with one another. =)

Hello Ann!! :D My name is Katelin~ I am also new to learning ASL. I have been interested in learning it for a few years. Just never had anyone to practice with.

Back