Hey! a newbie here

melenope

Reaction score
Hi everyone,I am very new to this forum i just signed 2minutes ago and i couldnt wait to share something.
I have hearing loss on my both hears but we don't know the reason,okay i have this loss for nearly 5 years,you guys are kind of familiar to this so i dont feel 'embarrased' share kind of news.
I am 18 and since I am 13, i never understood my teachers,my friends or anything but i laughed at everything and I am known as this sweet,shy girl,well time to break this.
I am talkative as hell and I will talk and ask,I will say whaaaaaat a million times but I dont care anymore!
Last year I realized me being embarrased of being HOH is not a way to live this life,this took me 5 years to learn it.
5 years taking my hearing aids out and wearing them again and again.So much hate and so much love for my ears,this lead to having so many panic attacks and into depression.
So today I am very glad to say, i give up being and acting like such a loser and get on my feet again.because i do torture myself.
So what if I don't hear or understand you? It's nothing.A whole nothing.I asked myself what if I did have a HOH or deaf friend? drop her? No.no. try and try,there is no way out.
Also my bestest friends asking me why i dont go out, why do i see them once a year,I couldnt have the answer,how I did closed myself to my room and didn't see the world? I am here to get out my comfort zone and accept who am I.
In Turkey there is no such thing as HOH or Deaf groups or to commucinate these people and I wanted to join here.
I am also Turkish and I am gonna learn Turkish sign language in my town this year,I want to get to know the culture and everything else.
So hello again!
if you want to talk or you can reach me by instagram/aliyemelissa

thank you,melissa.

Welcome to AD! Your story can be echoed by many of us d/hoh AD members. Hope you find all the support and friends you seek here. Please enjoy your stay.

Welcome :wave:

Thanks for sharing your story. It takes time to get comfortable with who you are. Glad you are making it through that journey.

It's very brave of you to break such a long habit! :D
It usually is the frustration of "I AM TIRED OF THIS" that makes people take a step for the better, lol! I hope it goes well for you. <3 There will be setbacks and I hope you won't let those stop you!

Hello and welcome to AD, Melissa! :wave:

It's very brave of you to break such a long habit! :D
It usually is the frustration of "I AM TIRED OF THIS" that makes people take a step for the better, lol! I hope it goes well for you. <3 There will be setbacks and I hope you won't let those stop you!

Ahahahaha yesss,i hope so! thank you so so much for your great wishes:rofl::rofl:

3otPoSyc3ty37iTKsU.gif

Back