Hereditary

MCB

Reaction score
I have a progressive hearing loss, and can no longer understand speech unaided. It is accompanied with peripheral neuropathy. I am 67 years old. My son has some signs of neuropathy, as well as my brother. Evidently these genes are capricious in their manifestation, but so far it is relatively mild for my family.

My church says that marriage for people with genetic disorders is a personal choice. I made that choice because having children was an aching need for me (no requests for backstory, please).

Others have condemned me for my choices. I saw a thread on a board which deals with such disorders, and the posters proclaimed their responsible attitudes when describing selective abortion. I find that repulsive. Here, I do not expect such attitudes.

At this point I am very angry at what I have been through. I refuse to associate with people with Nazi-like attitudes, and at this point in my life it is easy. But the past still haunts me. Help!

:rifle:

I cannot believe that someone would be condemning in that area?!?!?!? I COULD understand if the condition was extreme. Like say Tay Sachs or Walker Warburg Syndrome (a REALLY profound type of muscular dystrophy where the child is blind and dies very early) But overall most genetic disorders are NOT that serious.

Back