here we go again...

deafdude,

i never said i wanted my ci's removed. where did you get that idea???

deafdude,

by the way, i never asked to have my ci's removed nor will i. if i chose one day to no longer wear my ci's, i'd let my ci center know and give them my processors if they wanted them back.

deafdude,

i never said i wanted my ci's removed. where did you get that idea???

so if this is what I need to deal with for the rest of my life, perhaps ci's aren't the right choice for me anymore.

In your first post, you said that. Another poster was getting headaches with CI so he had his CI removed. I did reply earlier stating that it's worth a try to disable more electrodes first.

Hear Again,

Sorry you are having more problems. I hope something can be done to helpp you.
I have had sinus problems since I was a teenager too. The worst dizziness I ever had was from a Sinus Infection.

It is good you are going to talk to your doctors about it. I would ask them if the nasal sprays you are taking can dry the sinuses because there are some that can. Have you ever tried a saline spray? They can help too.

Hear Again,

Sorry you are having more problems. I hope something can be done to helpp you.
I have had sinus problems since I was a teenager too. The worst dizziness I ever had was from a Sinus Infection.

It is good you are going to talk to your doctors about it. I would ask them if the nasal sprays you are taking can dry the sinuses because there are some that can. Have you ever tried a saline spray? They can help too.

I've had sinus trouble ever since I was a child, but didn't seek treatment until recently because I always attributed it to the constant ear infections I used to have growing up.

The Flonase I take for my allergies does dry up the sinuses, but that's what I want since congestion keeps me awake and causes me to start having dry coughing spells.

However, I will need to talk to my GP about being put on a steroid inhaler for daily use. According to my pharmacist, the Albuterol is only designed to be a rescue inhaler and isn't to be used twice/day the way I'm using it.

I did express some concerns about steroids and possible mood swings due to my bipolar, but was reassured that the dose I'd take would be low enough not to cause any issues.

My GP will be calling me back tomorrow, so I will ask her about the daily inhaler in addition to what she thinks might be causing my current issues with dizziness/nausea.

As I said in an earlier post, I'm on 10 different meds, so it's really difficult to know exactly what is causing what.

In your first post, you said that. Another poster was getting headaches with CI so he had his CI removed. I did reply earlier stating that it's worth a try to disable more electrodes first.

No, I didn't say that deafdude. What I said was that CIs may not be right for me anymore, but I didn't mention anything about having my implants removed. Please do not read more into my posts than what is already there.

Furthermore, my situation is different from Travis'. Travis was experiencing severe and debilitating migraines due to his CI which is why it was removed. I'm not having any issues with severe headaches. I have migraines from time to time, but they aren't caused by my CIs.

Hear Again- Aaagghh!! Sorry to hear about the new issues. Hopefully you'll be able to get these taken care of asap.

Sorry to hear about the new issues you're having!! Hope you improve soon and feel super duper better :D

Hear Again- Aaagghh!! Sorry to hear about the new issues. Hopefully you'll be able to get these taken care of asap.

thank you phi. i hope so too. it's getting frustrating having to deal with this issue time and time again. just when i think it has been taken care of, i have more symptoms. the good news though is that lexi said the treatment exercises she plans to teach me have a very good success rate, so i'm encouraged things will get better for me at some point.

I am sorry that u are suffering again. Hope it will all get solved soon! :hug:

Thank you shel! :hug:

I'm feeling better now that my CIs are off. The quiet is peaceful and calming and it's nice not having to feel dizzy or nauseated.

I hope you get all this mess figured out! No one should have to suffer so much, wow.

I hope you get this taken care of. You shouldn't have to suffer. :hug:

Thanks deafskeptic. I got off the phone with my GP who is at a loss as to why this is happening. The best conclusion she can come up with is what Bott already mentioned -- my meds.

However, she decided to add a steroid inhaler to my other allergy meds (Flonase, Albuterol, Allegra) which she feels will help calm me enough so that my dizziness/nausea isn't so severe. She said that if we are on edge due to pain, difficulty breathing or anything else that may be going on health-wise, it can increase one's dizziness and nausea.

Back