Helpless!

pinky2011

Reaction score
Hope its not going makes me feel like still helpless. Still no luck to have a new friend when ur moving to new state and still haven't figured any events or meetings to meet Deaf people. It's been pretty 6months which sucks...yeah its kinda lonely but of course I'm in serious relationship but still need a friend around.

Silly you. Every states do have deaf events. What state are you in?

Don't be so negative! Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day! So, you must take into account that things do take time!

Every state has deaf events/ gatherings/ parties/ etc.. You just need to take advantage of the system to find out. Which ever state you live in, type in the search bar engine, "Deaf events in my area and a list of events (if any/upcoming) will be populated for you!

You can also go to local Libraries, UE offices, Schools, Colleges etc and inquire to them if they know if or when, deaf events will occur!

You've have two(2) crucial things at your disposal that you need to use!

1). Your mouth
2). Tools

With that, you will get somewhere.

Hope this helps! :)

- MEGA

Thank yall! It's just been 6months it must drove me crazy enough ha-ha. I'm sure I can wait to give it time! Yes few events are coming up but one of them I can't able to make it and other is not really events and nothing to connect of it. Also I'm in New Jersey! :)

Thank yall! It's just been 6months it must drove me crazy enough ha-ha. I'm sure I can wait to give it time! Yes few events are coming up but one of them I can't able to make it and other is not really events and nothing to connect of it. Also I'm in New Jersey! :)

Your very welcome! Good luck in attending any deaf events! I really encourage you to go too some deaf events as they are really fun and very social actually! You'll be quite surprised how many friends you'll make by just attending one!

- MEGA:cool2:

I you get out what you put in.one event leads to something else

Your very welcome! Good luck in attending any deaf events! I really encourage you to go too some deaf events as they are really fun and very social actually! You'll be quite surprised how many friends you'll make by just attending one!

- MEGA:cool2:

Thanks!! I gotta find what events are coming up but sad I can't able to make it on this Saturday of Deaf nation expo in NJ o well.

Thanks!! I gotta find what events are coming up but sad I can't able to make it on this Saturday of Deaf nation expo in NJ o well.

Oh I totally understand and it's OK! There is absolutely no rush to attend an event! Usually, events are made in advance which gives you plenty of time to get ready for them!

Good luck my friend, hehe! :D

- MEGA

Thanks again! Of course no rush but 6months come on! Lol

Lol. 6 months is a very long time with no interaction, heh! :shock:

If I lived in you're area, I would be sure to of helped you get a head start in making friends and stuff! I like and love to help people! :)

Good luck and be sure to keep us updated on your adventure, hehe! :D

- MEGA

Lol. 6 months is a very long time with no interaction, heh! :shock:

If I lived in you're area, I would be sure to of helped you get a head start in making friends and stuff! I like and love to help people! :)

Good luck and be sure to keep us updated on your adventure, hehe! :D

- MEGA

Aww that's so sweet of you if ur near me and of course I totally understand as I do love to help people too:) thank you for tell me as good luck! I will glad keep you updating on my adventure! :D

Aww that's so sweet of you if ur near me and of course I totally understand as I do love to help people too:) thank you for tell me as good luck! I will glad keep you updating on my adventure! :D

Hey! Your very welcome by the way! I do apolgize for such a late response.. I have been getting major work done to my teeth, hhee! :D

- Cheers

-- MEGATRON

Hope its not going makes me feel like still helpless. Still no luck to have a new friend when ur moving to new state and still haven't figured any events or meetings to meet Deaf people. It's been pretty 6months which sucks...yeah its kinda lonely but of course I'm in serious relationship but still need a friend around.

Are you late deafened or hearing? I am not sure what you are talking about. Did you just moved to New Jersey? If you live in a city, not a town, you might try to go to the New Jersey Hearing Society or you can go to the Deaf school and ask them for Deaf events. You have to be able to sign ASL almost well enough to communicate with Deaf people.

Yes, every State have Deaf events to meet with Deaf people. You won't have much luck if you use oral-only. If you want to learn ASL, go to the ASL Class probably at Community College or YWCA/YMCA or ask someone where to find ASL Class (usually New Jersey Hearing Society might have ASL Class). There should be New Jersey Association of the Deaf. You have to be a member there. There should be lots of d/Deaf people in the big city. Good luck.

:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum.

Hey! Your very welcome by the way! I do apolgize for such a late response.. I have been getting major work done to my teeth, hhee! :D

- Cheers

-- MEGATRON

I am sorry to bother you about the color of the printed sentences on your posts.

Can you just use regular typed sentences (black letters) like we do instead of color typed sentences? It is much easier to read than in color typed sentences.

They are hard on my eyes. Remember some of the members complain about your color typed sentences. Thank you.

I am sorry to bother you about the color of the printed sentences on your posts.

Can you just use regular typed sentences (black letters) like we do instead of color typed sentences? It is much easier to read than in color typed sentences.

They are hard on my eyes. Remember some of the members complain about your color typed sentences. Thank you.

Don't bother asking him.. He had several other asking him to change it and he refuses. He rather other's do things for him but will do nothing for others..

Sad isn't it? :roll:

- I do apologize for the freely used colours we are able to use on this website and I will no longer use bright colours simply since it has been brought to my attention by a select few and for the respect and my dignity for the wonderful Members of the AllDeaf Forum/Community!

- I'm sorry they are hard on your eyes. Again, I apologize. I am aware that some Members have complained and I have already had a Moderator contact me about this and I will suit fit for everyone! Your welcome! :)

1).
Don't bother asking him.. He had several other asking him to change it and he refuses.

2). He rather other's do things for him but will do nothing for others..

- Allow me to clear something up for you! :)

1). Even though Members have complained to me and others, I am not so quick to haste to read my reply(ie{s}) to my various comment replies and/or my post replies as I have a life to live and a busy one at that! You shouldn't assume I am ignoring Members, when Assuming something on someone else, - without first knowing they have first prior knowledge of said situation, - makes you look bad so please do me a favor and don't do that in the future and make sure to evaluate said situation next time. Looks better! :)

2). Please specifiy as what I want others to do for me? Last time I recall asking someone to do something for me is when my sister died last year and I asked a few friends if they would like to attend the funeral.. Otherthan that, I'm a hermit crab by nature.

K, thanks.

3). Sad isn't it? :roll:

- Nothing is sad in this situation. I am obeying it now. Although I appreciate your concerns, I would recommend you take that chip off of your shoulder as it makes you an illogical person. K, thanks! :)

- I'm sorry they are hard on your eyes. Again, I apologize. I am aware that some Members have complained and I have already had a Moderator contact me about this and I will suit fit for everyone! Your welcome! :)

1).

- Nothing is sad in this situation. I am obeying it now. Although I appreciate your concerns, I would recommend you take that chip off of your shoulder as it makes you an illogical person. K, thanks! :)
Obeying what? Are you so high you don't even realize you are writing in pink?

Once the mods are annoyed , you really ought to shape up, or find a new playground.

Obeying what? Are you so high you don't even realize you are writing in pink?

Once the mods are annoyed , you really ought to shape up, or find a new playground.

I am fully aware I am writting in Pink. I am also aware that this is written in Purple. Also, I am high. My elevation is 141 feet above sea level here in Boston, MA. How high are you ? :)

Not like it's any of your concern but I'll share this little piece of information with you.

There is no need for me to shape up as I have amounted to the standing of where I want to be on AllDeaf.

A Mod Member of AllDeaf has already contacted me about this situation I "found" my self in and I asked if I could use the colours; Pink, Blue, Black, dark etc and he said it was fine.

So, writing in pink - according to the mod - is perfectly fine. Unless I didn't understand it.

Hold on. Let me check my messages.
OK, I'm back. I checked my messages and it seems I can. Thanks for your concern.

K, thanks. :wave:

P.S. I have a question for you.

1). Do you - in terms - call/think/assume this is a playground? I must make you aware that this isn't a playground of any sorts! Surely you must be the one high to say such a thing now.. :laugh2:

:roll:

Even though I don't have vision issues, many on this board do.

You're being deliberately rude. You're eventually going to find yourself on the receiving end of the "ignore" button by many here.

Back