Help :(

xsuperchick

Reaction score
Guys, I hope you can help me with this.

I'm hard of hearing. My left ear. I have no idea since when because I told my mom about this when I was around 7 or 8, but now I'm 18 and I'm starting to have problems.

Yesterday, I was watching TV with my family (usually in English and with subtitles because I hate to watch Spanish people talking -I can't hear a damn thing and my sisters yells at me because I turn up too much the volume) so... I was trying to listen the TV and reading the subtitles and my nephew (he's only 4 years old and the only kid at home) was singing Merry Christmas to my mom, I told him "Diego, shut up a sec, I can't hear" and my sister (his mom) and my mom looked at me in an ugly way... I didn't mean to shut him up, I didn't even hear what he was singing or saying because I was doing something else, but the noise he was doing it was awful. Then I had a headache. Don't know why. Later that night (xmas eve) he was standing next to me (to my right) and start yelling something I didn't understand and I shut him up again because I was having the same headache... I love my nephew, he's my life!! and I didn't meant to shut him up, I just had that thing that is killing me (the headache)

So, here's where I need some help from you guys. You have any idea why am I suffering this? The pain is to my right side of the head, where I can hear... I'm thinking about going to the doctor, but I have to pay it, so I'll have to save some money first.

And I'm thinking about the hearing aid. I love my deafness, I really do! but I miss a lot of things... all my friends are hearings and they play in rock bands and stuff. Don't usually go to their concerts because then I have the headache.

I hate to be around noise, I wish I could shut all the things around me, you know. Noise is like killing my brain! I don't even listen music because I don't want to feel that pain.

Hope you can help me guys! And is it a good idea to get a hearing aid? Thanks a lot!!!

Go to the doctor and get it checked. You won't have to pay that same day I don't think. You'll be billed.

As for a loud brother. Sorry. Can't help there. Mine where loud at that age too. :)

Headache from sound isn't always a "Hearing loss" problem. Many thing can cause that. So get it checked.

Ron

Yeah, I think I'm gonna do that, I'll have to talk to my granpa to ask him if he can pay the doctor for me. I don't work until January. I'm not afraid of become totally deaf, but with that kind of headaches... I just want to hit my head against the wall or something!! I hate sound. Now I hate it.

Thanks for your answer, Ron!

Sorry, I have no idea apart from what Ron said, maybe doctors or an audiologist as they might be able to explain why you are having these headaches.

Let us know how you get on!

Sorry, I have no idea apart from what Ron said, maybe doctors or an audiologist as they might be able to explain why you are having these headaches.

Let us know how you get on!

I want to start the new year with a reason for the headache and a solution as well! but about the hearing aid for my left ear? is it a good idea?

depends what the loss is for your left ear. If you are struggling to hear on that side then go for it. You deserve to hear properly :)
Also if you can afford it

depends what the loss is for your left ear. If you are struggling to hear on that side then go for it. You deserve to hear properly :)
Also if you can afford it

for the past 18 years... I didn't mind to hear with my left ear, but university and the future job I get, it's gonna be really hard, in Peru we don't have a very good culture to the deaf people, everything here is for hearings! everything!!

for the past 18 years... I didn't mind to hear with my left ear, but university and the future job I get, it's gonna be really hard, in Peru we don't have a very good culture to the deaf people, everything here is for hearings! everything!!

Go for the hearing aid then. Shame to hear about Peru

I agree get this checked very soon because could be totally different thing giving you pain. If you have not had it looked at serious before this could also be why you have problems with that ear. For example if you had a tumor growing there it might press on your ear and make you lose hearing and also be the source of your pain. Not saying this is the case but always good to see a doctor and not self diagnose. I hope your pain goes away for 2010!

Hi, I would advise that you should be checked out.

By the way I have a friend who lives in peru, he's english.

Hope it is nothing serious. I agree with others to go get it checked out.

my mum used to crank music loud that causes me to get headaches. sometimes i get headaches from loud music or even stress. so dont stress too much. ask one of your family member to give you a neck /shoulder massage usually helps or have a quiet hot bath. if its ear-ache ... sounds like ear infection which you can get anti biotics for it . but go see dr first he/she will look into ur ear for correct treatment........
hope this helps you

Thank you guys! I talk to my grampa and he said he will help me :D
I'm going to the audiologist on January, 20th :) I want to stop all the headaches and stuff so, I'm very excited :D Thanks for your help guys!! :ty:

Back