Help!

Murv2

Reaction score
HI:
I went completely deaf on the right side three years ago and am half deaf on the left side with hearing aids (Yeah old age!). Last week I got a Cochlear implant on the right side for bimodal hearing and today someone who couldn't see the hearing aid on the other side signed at me. How do I respond to deaf people in this situation? I don't know sign and am poor at language skills.
Thanks in advance,
Dave

HI:
I went completely deaf on the right side three years ago and am half deaf on the left side with hearing aids (Yeah old age!). Last week I got a Cochlear implant on the right side for bimodal hearing and today someone who couldn't see the hearing aid on the other side signed at me. How do I respond to deaf people in this situation? I don't know sign and am poor at language skills.
Thanks in advance,
Dave
you can your phone type out sorry I don't know ASL or gesture like your shoulder shrug and shake your head point mouth that you can speak . Or paper and pen. Or use the voice to text app for a quick way to get your message. One good one for Android phones is Google Live Transcribe.
Deaf people will probably have their phone out if they want to communicate with you.

HI:
Thanks in advance,
Dave
Try to communicate using your body language.

Back