Help-Sling TV on Smart TV or Roku2

cdaigle430

Reaction score
Needs some help with both as they may be related. Have a Smart TV with Dish App annd could never get closed caption to work on any of the channels in the Dish app for smart TVs. Got a message from Direct TV that they are getting rid of the dish app for smart TVs and they sent us a free Roku 2 with the new Sling app installed already. Problem is closed caption still does not work in any of the sling channels. It works on other Roku 2 apps like Amazon Prime though.

Sling support says they do have CC but why cant I get it to work? I am using HDMI and it is wotking for Amazon Prime and netflix as well as other apps.

Needs some help with both as they may be related. Have a Smart TV with Dish App annd could never get closed caption to work on any of the channels in the Dish app for smart TVs. Got a message from Direct TV that they are getting rid of the dish app for smart TVs and they sent us a free Roku 2 with the new Sling app installed already. Problem is closed caption still does not work in any of the sling channels. It works on other Roku 2 apps like Amazon Prime though.

Sling support says they do have CC but why cant I get it to work? I am using HDMI and it is wotking for Amazon Prime and netflix as well as other apps.

Deleted due to rereading.

I have Sling TV on my Roku stick. You press * for menu on Sling TV app and see CC off. You should turn CC on and see it.

I have Sling TV on my Roku stick. You press * for menu on Sling TV app and see CC off. You should turn CC on and see it.

Yes it is enabled on both the sling app and Roku 2 box and on Smart TV. Still no luck. I am 90% deaf and I am trying to learn Brazilian Portuguese by watching Globo TV. I cant make out all the words so I need CC to learn the language because I need to see the words.

I am not sure what you meant be deleted due to rereading. Does it mean you reread my post and decided not to comment or I posted something that was already addressed on the forum?

It means that I misunderstood and typed my post in response and posted it. When I read your post again, I realized I was wrong and deleted my post.

I am trying to learn Brazilian Portuguese by watching Globo TV. I cant make out all the words so I need CC to learn the language because I need to see the words.

Wonder if it's because of the specific channel- some might not have CC turned on or set at their end. I don't know if the particular show you were watching is captioned either, though I have seen Spanish language shows captioned in Spanish. But then that wouldn't explain why NONE of the sling channels are captioned...

I pretty much gave up on this, it is Global TV thats the problem. They claim CC works but I tried multiple TV brands and CC works on all of them from Time Warner, Apple Tv and Other Roku Apps. My conclusion is Slings Global TV for Deaf and HOH is garbage. At least my Brazilian Fiance can watch her Soap Operas. I will try and learn Portuguese somewhere else. Thanks to all those who helped and-stay away from Slings Global TV for Roku 2 if your require CC. Wont work in any language.

Back