Help me win wheelchair van! <1 minute of time!

OpheliaSpeaks

Reaction score
I have a progressive genetic disorder called mitochondrial disease, which is how I lost my hearing. It has made getting around more difficult recently and I am participating in a contest to win a wheelchair accessible vehicle.

To enter the contest, I put together a witty, two-minute film (captioned!) about mitochondrial disease and how it impacts my life, but I need people to vote in order to make this dream a reality. I hate begging for votes, but I could never afford a van like this and resources in my state to assist adults with this condition are non-existent.

It would mean the world to me to be able to do more of the things I used to be able to without transportation as a barrier.

People can vote EVERY day from now until May 10th for my video. If you choose the option to "get an extra vote" first you can answer a simple trivia question and your vote will count twice! Last year's winners had upwards of 35K votes! (I don't know that I am that popular...*smile*)

Thank you for your consideration....

Vote here:Vote for Erica Rodman - Buffalo, NY in the 2013 National Mobility Awareness Month Local Hero contest!

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Erica-WIN-a-Wheelchair-Van/168576616625942

Proud to have voted for you and will do so again as long as you keep bumping the thread. I really enjoyed your video. Good luck!

And thank you for the captions.

Back