help. have huge crush on deaf person

Hi,

Let me interject -- I have had people try to do sign language (ASL) on me in high school days when I didn't know it (I grew up with Cued Speech in those days).

In this case, the best way to do about it is probably write back and fourth. To begin with, do it discreetly since that may be their preference as other people might make fun of the note-passing (that's always a danger).

To be prepared for worse, teach yourself the basic ASL alphabet *AND* arm yourself with a notepad when talking to him/her realtime. This double-pronged approach gives this deaf guy a CHOICE of preferred communications (I always preferred the notepad in those days - hate asking or being asked to repeat things over and over)

Mark Rejhon said:
Hi,

Let me interject -- I have had people try to do sign language (ASL) on me in high school days when I didn't know it (I grew up with Cued Speech in those days).

In this case, the best way to do about it is probably write back and fourth. To begin with, do it discreetly since that may be their preference as other people might make fun of the note-passing (that's always a danger).

To be prepared for worse, teach yourself the basic ASL alphabet *AND* arm yourself with a notepad when talking to him/her realtime. This double-pronged approach gives this deaf guy a CHOICE of preferred communications (I always preferred the notepad in those days - hate asking or being asked to repeat things over and over)

In that case, you can write: "Can I write you a love letter? ;)"

Back