Hellooooooooooo

Nilla

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have been signing since I was 12...and I am now 24, almost 25. I am an interpreter and had dreams to become a teacher for the deaf...but where I live, most of the students who are deaf go to public schools and are involved in "normal" classroom settings with an interpreter. So...I now am an office manager and sign occasionally for the doctor's offices around here or at church.

I recently got married. He is wonderful and we are planning on becoming foster parents. He is the first person that I have ever been with that followed my vision of being a foster parent. With my ability to sign, and his eagerness to learn more signs, we want to foster children who are deaf. I am not sure if there is a dire need for foster parents for children who are deaf, but I am starting the path today...getting information and such.

So I hope to see each of you around the site sometime. And sorry I am so long winded today....its been a long one!:wave:

vrexog.jpg

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. You are new to the Deaf Culture and you have to pay attention to the Deaf child that you and your husband want to adopt. You can not make the Deaf child hear or lipread very good. It is a struggle when we Deafies struggle without the accommodations. Just learn from us how to raise a Deaf child. There are many topics you can choose and discuss about the deafness. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. Have fun with us. See you around. :wave:

Hello and welcome to alldeaf. A really great place full of advice, support and knowledge.

you will love AllDeaf. It's a great forum...they even tolerate the hearing. Your desire to foster deaf children is wonderful, but please learn about Deaf culture as you make decisions for any child. Welcome

Back